What have you done to your CX-5 today?

LA traffic, is the cause of this low mpg. Imagine driving in a stop and go traffic, for 1 hour, or more. 1 hour in the morning and 1:15 going home.

LA traffic, is the cause of this low mpg. Imagine driving in a stop and go traffic, for 1 hour, or more. 1 hour in the morning and 1:15 going home.

That'll do it.

Headed out on a road trip so going to wax the car today. My thought is maybe that will make it easier to get the bugs off later lol.

3 coats and dry.
HHuDjcs.jpg

That'll do it.

Headed out on a road trip so going to wax the car today. My thought is maybe that will make it easier to get the bugs off later lol.

It will definitely help. If I ever go on a road trip and don't have the chance to properly wax the car, I use Meguiar's Quik Wax after a wash. Works great in a pinch.

So your license plate light covers yellowed? (uhm)

no, but they were etched with grime, car wash chemical etc from 4 year of exposure. And I have very bright LEDS on my LP (they illuminate the rear ground area) so I could tell the difference. Also this was a [practical test for the materials and method I'm going to use to refurbish my headlights which are oxidized pretty badly now.

You know when you are sanding down your license plate covers you have officially run out of stuff to do to your car. HAHAHA! ;)

The wife and kids went to visit the grandparents, so I had some time on my hands. Fresh wash, claybar, wax and F11.

I think it turned out well.

It will definitely help. If I ever go on a road trip and don't have the chance to properly wax the car, I use Meguiar's Quik Wax after a wash. Works great in a pinch.

Just got back from the road trip. Yep, can confirm it definitely helped!

Not today, but haven't been able to logon on here for awhile, so 2 weekends ago, had oil change/tire rotation done on the CX-5. It was a little past 36k miles at that point. The power socket in the center console storage area stopped working a few days before that and so I had it checked. Dealer said everything looked right except the part didn't work. No fuses blown on the car or in the power adapter I use in the car. They ordered the part to replace the power socket, total costs for the part and to have it installed was going to be around $126 plus tax.

Last weekend my wife brought the CX-5 to get the part installed. Due to our good relationship with the dealership and with our CX-5 just barely passing the 36k mile mark, they decided to install the replacement part for free, yay!

Just got my new 2018 CX5 GT, traded in my 2014 GT. My 2014 GT had the 2016 rims on it. Today was my second full day of owning the car and the dealer was able to swap the rims for me today and detail the car.

20180928_144626.jpg

Man I've been waiting for a picture of Gen 2 with the fang rims! That looks so good! Now I just need to find some of my own.

Just got my new 2018 CX5 GT, traded in my 2014 GT. My 2014 GT had the 2016 rims on it. Today was my second full day of owning the car and the dealer was able to swap the rims for me today and detail the car.

20180928_144626.jpg
I assume your dealer also removed the brand new tires from new rims and mounted them to your 2016 fang rims?

They do look very nice on gen-2 CX-5! (cool)

Thanks everyone for the comments, yes they took the old rims and put the new tires on them and mounted them as well.

Very nice, I'd of probably done that for my 2018 also, but the rims on my 2016 were in less than ideal shape.

I will have to adjust to the new pizza rims now. Heh.

Back