Gas Mileage 2017 Mazda CX-5 AWD (GT)

Reading all these post about gas millage, it seems to be an obsession with some people. Try driving a pickup truck for the last 13 yrs like I did. I get twice the millage and smile every time I pull into a gas station.

So I know you posted this like 5 months ago, but it's honestly great to see that the busiest forum for this car is mostly whining about small issues. Coming from my previous car where you go to the main forum page and it's code after code and weird intermittent problems, it's great to see that something like gas mileage gets this much attention. (lol2)

New to the forum. Just wanted to share my MPG results (giving back to the community from which I have learned alot). Have the 2018 GT AWD (2.5 NA engine of course) bought in June 2018, and have about 6500 miles on it. The car is mostly used for very short city trips during the week (work, gym, etc), and occasional long distance roadtrips on weekends.

Our city mileage is pretty crap, around 21-23 mpg, though this is not unexpected for our driving conditions (very short trips). Highway mpg on the other hand is excellent. I consistently get the expected ~30 mpg (little over or little under), and at times even a few more, i.e 31-33 mpg. What I really wanted to show others, is that on one commute (sometime in September, at night) I got 35.0 mpg. VERY NICE. It put a big smile on my face. It was about a 50 mi drive, all freeway, light-to-no traffic, generally sea level but some low mountain passes (Bay area, CA), and consistently 70-75 mph (and while overtaking up to 80 mph). I will attach a pic of it, if admin allows a fresh user to post pics.

If we had a true mix of city/hwy for our weekly commute, I am sure our overall mpg would be looking good. All the same, mpg wasn*t my highest priority when buying this car, so still overall quite happy with the purchase (trouble free and very nice car overall).

I've got a 2016 GT AWD and generally get 28 mpg, or so. First long trip, about 2800 miles, got exactly 31 mpg. Haven't done that well since, but usually average 29.5 on trips over 1000 miles.

Most of my driving is commuting and short trip errands. I am seeing 21 mpg every time I fill up, no matter what kind of driving I do (2017 GT AWD 6500 miles).

27 +/- mpg. I do easy driving in suburban type driving. I go with the flow and don't try to lead the pack leaving from stop & go lights. 2014 CX5 touring. Smooth acceleration is the answer for me. Ed

Back