Theft deterrent System

:
2022 CX-9 Signature
Can anyone advise how, on the 2018 CX 5 GT, to trip the theft deterrent system? I've read the manual, pages 3-48 through 3-50, and it shows armed with the flashing light BUT I have tried to trigger the alarm by an inside door lock knob and also opening the hood. No alarm sounded. Now my dealer has told me my vehicle doesnt have the theft deterrent system. Then why do I have the flashing light which is telling me the system is armed?
Please realize I am not talking about the engine immobilizer system.

It says in the manual that your hazard lights will flash if you have a theft deterrent system option. If you have a GT I guess that doesn't come standard on GTs, so that's surprising.

Do American/Canadian CX-5's come with an alarm or just an immobiliser (uhm)

Do American/Canadian CX-5's come with an alarm or just an immobiliser (uhm)

I'm reading that the immobilizer is a standard option, but the alarm is only available as an option. I'm surprised silver bullets CX-5 doesn't have it. Since he has the GT version which should come with all the bells & whistles. I guess if GTs don't come standard with it, they must be missing the whistle part of the package(uhm)

I'm reading that the immobilizer is a standard option, but the alarm is only available as an option. I'm surprised silver bullets CX-5 doesn't have it. Since he has the GT version which should come with all the bells & whistles. I guess if GTs don't come standard with it, they must be missing the whistle part of the package(uhm)

Which means that if the CX-5 is entered into then I believe the horn might go off along with hazard lights.

The flashing light is simply designed to deter would-be thieves by making it APPEAR that you have an alarm system.

I just check our 2018 Grand Touring...sat in car, wife locked it and walked away. Red lock icon flashing on the dash. Waited 3 min and opened the door from the inside...no sound. So I guess no alarm? Does it come with a factory alarm as an option? (I remember when I got my BRZ it had an alarm but it was turned off from the factory and you had to activate it yourself. Could this be the same??)

Is this an option that could be buried in the applications option on the infotainment screen? I have a lowly '16 touring and just get the flashing lights and beep (after 1 button push) and the honk/flash lights after 2 button pushes.

how many times are you pressing the key fob lock button?

You don't need an alarm on this car. Car companies with 3% market share don't get stolen. ;)

Very few cars come with a factory alarm today. Its usually an add-on dealer option.

A few years ago some major cities were considering banning audible alarms (NYC comes to mind) and, maybe not coincidentally, a lot of makes stopped putting it on their cars from the factory.

Correct. Alarms back in the 1980s served a purpose. People would do something if they went off. Now they just make noise and most people either ignore the alarm or complain about the noise.

and, again, Mazda's are pretty low on the stolen car chart. The top ten chart is pretty much the most popular cars. Civic, Accord, Camry... Nobody wants Mazda parts. Also makes them a tiny bit cheaper to insure.

and, again, Mazda's are pretty low on the stolen car chart. The top ten chart is pretty much the most popular cars. Civic, Accord, Camry... Nobody wants Mazda parts. Also makes them a tiny bit cheaper to insure.

People like boring cars. Hence the top 3 stolen

(peep)

Not a huge black market for CX-5 parts = pretty safe but not crackhead proof

Back