Phen's 2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 GT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has had a cracked windshield for like 3 years in that car hahahaha

Yeah, and first time I had it out this year, it was a little chilly still, I hit a bump and it shot across the rest of the way.

Top down bitches.

topdown_nohurricane2.gif

I decided to brave the heat (you get baked inside of this car in the hot sun) and drive it yesterday and today. Hopefully after work, I'll be able to put the laptop on it, do some data logs, and try to get it ready to increase boost.

I decided to brave the heat (you get baked inside of this car in the hot sun) and drive it yesterday and today. Hopefully after work, I'll be able to put the laptop on it, do some data logs, and try to get it ready to increase boost.

You are brave, it's hot as hell out. Apparently yesterday, there were 48 states in the 90's!!

I need another ride after you increase the boost!!!! Please! HAHA!

When was the last time you had a ride? It had to have been a while ago right?

It's supposed to be 94 degrees today. I would drive my Miata in that no problem. :)

Man... it gets crazy hot in mine. I'm so glad I added the dynamat to the inside of the transmission tunnel, or it'd be much worse!

Oh damn. So that was a) pre-tune on the old turbo, b) pre 5-speed (which helps a lot), and c) pre new-turbo. Heh... you're gonna like this now.

Oh damn. So that was a) pre-tune on the old turbo, b) pre 5-speed (which helps a lot), and c) pre new-turbo. Heh... you're gonna like this now.

Haha ya I have a feeling I will. Even back then, it was crazy fast.

That's a good question. For what I dyno'd at, you should be close to it.

Dyno'd mine at the same dyno day that Pablo did. It was completely impromptu, but they were running ahead of schedule, and I had money in my wallet, so I figured why not.

Results: 171 hp / 154 tq.

Before anyone says "Oh, you have all that work done to yours and that's all you put down?" Yes... physical labor installing parts. Pablo and I put a bunch of time in on the turbo upgrade. But this dyno was meant to be a baseline of all baselines. No boost controller, so I'm running wastegate pressure (7 psi). No tune. I'm actually running the bad tune that the old VJ35 was running on at 12+ psi. So, all things considered, I'm plenty happy with those numbers. It has nowhere to go but up. Looking back, I'm hitting the same power on the new turbo at 7 psi that I was at 12+psi on the old turbo. That already tells me that I'm on the road to much more power.

9382431295_605c5dffc4_b.jpg

9382437877_5335210da4_b.jpg

nice! now let's get this thing tuned and up the boost...you should be able to do what, 230? ya, like your curve too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back