How To: Make an AUX input for FREE

I was very exited after I read this post, but unfortunately with no result. I tried this on my 2005 mazda6. I think it's a non Bose system. The socket is absolutely same but without number. The pin 14 and 15 r live. I Connected 1 and 13 with no effect on the MD button.
Please Advise.....

Last edited:
Just spent a frustrating afternoon trying to make this work. I have a (UK) 2002 Mazda6 sport with Bose system, so in theory it should work.
Have been planning this for weeks so very frustrated that it didnt work. :-(

As with previous post jumping pins 1-13 did not enable the Tape/MD button. I took the whole lot apart and connected up the L716 jumper (A very fiddly job!) but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hello.

A special thanks to 'wannabe' for making this all possible and for making godKnowsHowMany people happy!

However, I tried this mod on my Mazda 6 2004 (automatic). I have a bose system in it.

I connected the pins 1-13 and it won't activate the TAPE/MD button. I also tried connecting it in various ways. The bottom left-most pin is 1 and second last - bottom right is pin 13. So I also tried connecting the pins exactly above them, then in a cross fashion, however, the tape/md button just denies to work.

Please help me with this. Thanks a lot for reading my post.

I love you all.

Regards,
Bhisay.

Hi guys,

i think i have a solution for owners mazda 6 2002 - 2005.
After many of researching i realized one thing. I have also mazda 6 2005 and the origin guide for AUX made by wannabe is for mazda 6 speed which is newer and has different 16 pin connector.

Lets take a look...

here's mazda 6 16 pin connector:
audio-wiring.jpg

and here's mazda 6 speed:
attachment.php

so in my opinion for us (mazda 6 owners) we need to connect pin 1 (2A) with pin 9 (2I) which is AUX control instead of pin 13 (2M) which is AUX control for mazda 6 speed.

I didn't tried it yet but hope that it will works. (smoke)

Bye

Last edited:
Is there anyone out there that would be willing to make me one of these and I would pay them? I don't have the tools or the time to make one but really want one. Message me. :). Thanks

Btw. Just got a 06 speed6 and so far love it. -Luke

Hi guys,

so in my opinion for us (mazda 6 owners) we need to connect pin 1 (2A) with pin 9 (2I) which is AUX control instead of pin 13 (2M) which is AUX control for mazda 6 speed.

I didn't tried it yet but hope that it will works. (smoke)

Bye

I have tried this, but nothing :(

Yes, nothing happend i know, but meanwhile i tried reconnect pins 2I and 2H (AUX cont) and then when i turn on the radio and press cd button i saw RSES on display...but no sound :( if i would had a scheme of this HU i will be able to do it because in this state RSES we need only switch HU mode to AUX but so far i don't know how :/ anyone have this intrenal scheme?

Hey guys,

I'm very new to these electronics but I really would like to install this to my 2007 Mazda 6i. I don't quite understand all the steps and would appreciate if someone could direct me to a video that could help me install this. PLZ HELP

Hey every1! Last time I was here I burned my audio unit (recklessness). Since then I fixed the audio unit, and after some time of absence I returned to the AUX input problem. This time I had an idea to try and hack CD player to give me AUX input, and that's just what i did.

General idea is to play a "silent audio CD", and open audio channel on amplifier. Then you should connect an audio cable to the place where CD-unit sends signal to the amplifier.
To do this, take the audio cable and solder the respective wires to RCH, LCH, SGND pins on CN805. (pin layout is printed on PCB so it should be easy to figure out what is what).
CN805 is located at the bottom PCB of CD-player module (upper module of audio unit). You should unscrew and remove CD player box from CD unit to get more space for soldering.

After you do the work, connect your AUX device, play a "silent CD", and play your music from AUX device.

Voila!

This mod will NOT give you any control over your stock audio, but it WILL give you high quality audio input. AND it is the only way to get AUX input fro free on my 2003 Mazda 6.

I hope this will help.

Great!!!

GREAT idea! Yesterday I have disasembled my head unit (2003 mazda 6 2.3i non-bose) and the PCB appears to be different. There is NO CN805 connector and no labels were printed on the PCB. So somehow I managed to switch my head unit player with a blank audio disk in disasembled mode and put a piece of long wire to each pins. When I touched pin 13 and 15 I heared a "clip" in left and right channels accordingly. So i soldered aux left to 13 and aux right to 15 pin. Afterwards i "assumed" :) that the ground should be a middle pin in upper row no14. connected ground to it and now I have crystal clear audio sound in my car. HUUUUUGE improvement over FM modulator. The only thing i wonder if pin 14 is really ground or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Anyways IT WORKS like a charm with my Ipod!

image.jpg

20130312_232314.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 20130312_232314.jpg
    20130312_232314.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:
There is NO CN805 connector and no labels were printed on the PCB!

Sorry for not posting any images, but i simply had no time.

Ok, what you did is you soldered to the CD connector PCB of the amplifier.

I soldered on the opposite side, that is on the CD-player main PCB, which is located in the top module (top metal box).

Here is the PIN assignment for your connector (CN 704):

CN704.jpg

I hope this helps.

Hey every1! Last time I was here I burned my audio unit (recklessness). Since then I fixed the audio unit, and after some time of absence I returned to the AUX input problem. This time I had an idea to try and hack CD player to give me AUX input, and that's just what i did.

General idea is to play a "silent audio CD", and open audio channel on amplifier. Then you should connect an audio cable to the place where CD-unit sends signal to the amplifier.
To do this, take the audio cable and solder the respective wires to RCH, LCH, SGND pins on CN805. (pin layout is printed on PCB so it should be easy to figure out what is what).
CN805 is located at the bottom PCB of CD-player module (upper module of audio unit). You should unscrew and remove CD player box from CD unit to get more space for soldering.

After you do the work, connect your AUX device, play a "silent CD", and play your music from AUX device.

Voila!

This mod will NOT give you any control over your stock audio, but it WILL give you high quality audio input. AND it is the only way to get AUX input fro free on my 2003 Mazda 6.

I hope this will help.

Dont forget to clean your laser lens while you have the unit open! I did it, and now CD-player is reading all the CD's again!

Dont forget to clean your laser lens while you have the unit open! I did it, and now CD-player is reading all the CD's again!

yes I was right "assuming" that the ground would be pin 14. :) Unfortunately i forgot to clean the lens physically so the only problem I had today morning was skipping cd during driving on not flat roads. Then I put a self-made lens cleaner and cleaned the laser. The disk never skips now, finds track much faster and keeps it. I want to try to write a blank CD with 2 tracks. The first 70 min silence and the second 5 or 10 minute silence tracks and put the last i.e. second track on repeat mode. In this case the second track would be written on the outer bigger radius part of the cd and I think it would be "easier" for the laser head to read data. I will give a try tomorrow and post my results. Also I modified my old Griffin Road Trip FM modulator and took Ipod lineout from it and it is charging and playing the same time holding my ipod in vertical position switched in sigarete lighter. Also when i turn off the engine, Ipod stops automatically.

In any case, I want to thank you for a BRILLIANT idea. The difference is HUUUUUUUUUGE. I have JBL sub with pioneer amp installed and it delivers MUCH better power via AUX rather from FM modulator.

Hi guys, i would like to say thank you to Dragan and buba...it's awesome (alright) , nice clean stereo AUX almost for free...i can only recommend it for everybody who has mazda 6 2002-2005 :)

Ok, Just did this Mod, I was a bit nervous cause of some of the others who had issues with the pin config...and blowing their head units. But I did as instructed and plugged it in, works great. So it works fine for the 07s also with either head unit. Thanks guys

I have a 07 Mazda 6i Touring 5 door

I am thinking how to make the head unit to switch the amplifier without a CD. The roads in my country are very bad and the "empty" disk is jumping sometimes, not very often, but it's very annoying. Even disabling or destroying the cd player forever. Who needs CD-s when Ipod can be connected? I have noticed that when ejecting the disk, the amplifier is switched on for about half a second and then it disables immediately.

For the Miata folks, I have another question...

The 2001-2005 Miata uses the same J-02 connector the Mazda6 does, apparently. It appears that the pin-outs are identical. The problem, however, is that there is no Media button on the stock head unit and, as such, pin 13 isn't connected to anything.

Does that make this a no-go for Miata owners who don't want to actually take the HU apart and start connecting wires?

This worked great on y 07 Mazda5 Touring edition. With a little patience it activates the Media button on my factory head unit.

Thanks.

Back