What have you done to your CX-5 today?

They ARE 17's, brother. I got em because they were the cheapest ones Tirerack had ($99). I got the last full set at the time. Didn't realize I'd come to LOVE them. LOL
Thanks.
That's awesome. Will have to take a look when I get a little more spending cash lol.

Well at least your sun visor hasn’t fallen off to you while driving!

Broken armrest storage latch on 2016 CX-5 has been reported few times here and I’ve been trying to use it very carefully. But if I were you I’d consider trading in the CX-5 when the transmission got replaced earlier.

The reliability on CX-5 is certainly a little disappointing to me especially the latest reliability rating by Consumer Reports proves just that. In 2015 when we considered the CX-5 I thought Mazda has gone through a long way improved the quality and reliability as CR rated Mazda #4 on reliability at the time. Since then the reliability on Mazda definitely is going to the wrong direction! Also notice that CR says Mazda3 is the most reliable model and CX-9 is the least reliable model among Mazds’s.

attachment.php

View attachment 218125
Ah, I see that there is one more to look out for, the sun visor LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

There’s a TSB for thearm rest catch. It’s covered under warranty.

Honestly wasn't aware that there were documented issues on broken armrest until you guys mentioned it. Anyway, my wife brought it to the dealership yesterday on her lunch break. They got it fixed for free/under warranty in an hour. So that was quickly taken care of. Again I apologize for my rant yesterday :)

Well not today but got it last week, Michelin premier LTX. This time I went with 235/55-19 since it's more suited for the slightly wider wheels I got. I have a few hundred miles on them and they are really quiet. The 2017 is already pretty darn quiet but after getting lightweight wheels I got more road noise from the stock tires. These tires fixed it and made it quieter than stock.

38795958555_7c4f249951_b.jpg

Cleaned my windshield and rear window with bar keepers friend. I looks like its fresh off the factory floor again. No more water mark stains and smooth. Cleaned the inside too. Wiped down all the door area where the door closes onto the body. Cleaned the top plastic cylinder cover, dealer dripped oil all over it. (Complaint was made to dealer.) waiting to hear back. Just wanting to get the grime & Deicer off as it was a very unseasonably warm 57* today..

9C94248D-CA78-4030-8A82-10AF8A5497A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Cleaned my windshield and rear window with bar keepers friend. I looks like it’s fresh off the factory floor again. No more water mark stains and smooth. Cleaned the inside too. Wiped down all the door area where the door closes onto the body. Cleaned the top plastic cylinder cover, dealer dripped oil all over it. (Complaint was made to dealer.) waiting to hear back. Just wanting to get the grime & Deicer off as it was a very unseasonably warm 57* today..

View attachment 218224

hmm I keep forgetting to use bar keeper's friend on the exhuast tips. In the future you may want to try using a damp magic eraser (or even store generics) on the windshield and windows. Should work just as good and much easier cleanup imho.

hmm I keep forgetting to use bar keeper's friend on the exhuast tips. In the future you may want to try using a damp magic eraser (or even store generics) on the windshield and windows. Should work just as good and much easier cleanup imho.

Hmm, haven't thought of that before. I've tried vinegar solutions to little avail... but haven't considered PBW (powdered brewery wash) of which I have plenty. It works similar to bar keepers friend. Our well water is quite hard, and if left to set a bit stains the hell out of glass and paint.

Today I applied a Gyeon Q LEATHERSHIELD to all my leather seats and leather parts like the center armrest and door handles with a temperature that felt like -10c and cloudy... This weekend will apply Expel invisible shield tape for the doorsill and door edge. Maybe if I have time, spray some RainX for the windows, side mirror, and backup camera ...

Hmm, haven't thought of that before. I've tried vinegar solutions to little avail... but haven't considered PBW (powdered brewery wash) of which I have plenty. It works similar to bar keepers friend. Our well water is quite hard, and if left to set a bit stains the hell out of glass and paint.

I find that vinegar got me mixed results. I prefer friction via course paper towels or a magic eraser from the dollar store to cut any dried up hard water stuff on glass.

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax...1 capfull to a spray bottle with distilled water. I use this as a detailer and also to clean car windows assuming hard water stains are already removed.

Yeah I heard vinegar works best if you can let it sit on the glass. Too annoying for something the size of a windshield in my mind.

I've also seen people mention 000 steel wool. Any thoughts on that?

Vinegar works great to get rust off of a barbell or calcified salt off of aquarium glass (I've done both). To get the water spots off of your windows, soak a paper towel in white vinegar, then squeeze it out so it's damp, but doesn't drip. Lay it on the windshield/window, making sure it is laid flat against the glass. The tricky part is keeping it wet long enough to let the vinegar do its job. I would either add a layer of plastic wrap over the wet paper towels to prevent them from drying out, or put some vinegar and water in a spray bottle and give the paper towels a quick spray as necessary.

Just crossed 60,000 miles today.

Love my CX-5.

Congrats. What did you do to your CX-5? You crossed it over the dark side yeah baby. 60k mile post warranty territory:) Man we need to create a 100k mile club thread. Upon odometer photo confirmation we should get a Mazda247 decal or something!!

Congrats. What did you do to your CX-5? You crossed it over the dark side yeah baby. 60k mile post warranty territory:) Man we need to create a 100k mile club thread. Upon odometer photo confirmation we should get a Mazda247 decal or something!!

Oh I like that idea!

Anyway:

d5869762ee4c9732ac244d79ef39fa60.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I like that idea!

Anyway:

d5869762ee4c9732ac244d79ef39fa60.jpg

So why is 60,000 miles a big deal? Any car on this planet can far exceed that milestone. In fact I never gotten rid of a car with less than 150,000 miles on it, and my record is my 2000 Maxima that I donated at 265,000 miles. I would love to see a 100,000+thread, there’s got to be somebody that made it that far, or do they only last 60,000 miles!

Back