Prices paid for 2019 CX5

This thread is totally worthless without some standard methodology in comparing prices.

Deals involving trades, financing convolute the data and should be ignored.

Dealer discounts should be based on prices before any rebates since they come direct from Mazda. If the dealer adds B.S fees like document preparation fees they don't count as govn't fees.

Dealer discount % = MSRP - Cash Price Paid (before mfgr. rebates, before govn't taxes/fees)/MSRP

Only completed cash transactions count. (not hearsay, verbal quotes or other B.S.)

P.S. Mazda's dealer margin is 4% + 1% holdback. Other manufacturer to dealer kickbacks will be YMMV based on inventory and dealership.

Very well said. The OTD price is completely meaningless when it includes sales taxes, local title/reg, trade in, etc. They only thing I would still included is dealer BS fees. The only reason I would included BS fees is this goes to the dealers bottom line. If one dealer has $500 BS fee and the other has $200 BS fee the dealer with the higher fee could discount $300 more but the bottom line to the butter is the same.

I totally agree with not including manufacturer incentives as they do not impact dealers bottom line as they are covered by the manufacturer. This is why I haven't posted my deal on this forum. I had 2 deals in my hand when I bought my Signature in Nov. I'm a member of Mazdas racing association and I also had rare option to to get employee pricing. Both of these are paid for directly by Mazda and not the dealer. So I didn't and I won't post my price because it's was truly a rare opportunity and don't want people banging their head against a brick wall trying by to get the same deal.

You guys are so late to the party...

Mazda employee pricing is a joke. Most dealers discount their cars from the start lower than the S and E plan pricing. Sure, some don't as well.

Anyways, like stated before, this has ALL been over countless times before in the "Current selling price" sticky thread. The only thing meaningless/worthless is this thread. Close shop.

Very well said. The OTD price is completely meaningless when it includes sales taxes, local title/reg, trade in, etc. They only thing I would still included is dealer BS fees. The only reason I would included BS fees is this goes to the dealers bottom line. If one dealer has $500 BS fee and the other has $200 BS fee the dealer with the higher fee could discount $300 more but the bottom line to the butter is the same.

Yes, absolutely agree!! I was trying to suggest not to lump dealership fees with govn't fees.

You guys are so late to the party...

Mazda employee pricing is a joke. Most dealers discount their cars from the start lower than the S and E plan pricing. Sure, some don't as well.

Anyways, like stated before, this has ALL been over countless times before in the "Current selling price" sticky thread. The only thing meaningless/worthless is this thread. Close shop.

That thread is also pretty worthless due to the lack of a std. methodology for comparing deals. In that thread there's leftover '18 MY inventory compared with new '19 2.5's vs new 2.5T Sigs/GT-R's. (Apples to Oranges comparison when comparing deals)

IMHO Dealer Discount % based on the year and trim for completed cash sales is the only way to have a meaningful comparison.

That thread is also pretty worthless due to the lack of a std. methodology for comparing deals. In that thread there's leftover '18 MY inventory compared with new '19 2.5's vs new 2.5T Sigs/GT-R's. (Apples to Oranges comparison when comparing deals)

IMHO Dealer Discount % based on the year and trim for completed cash sales is the only way to have a meaningful comparison.

Agree again. The deal I got in a Signature CX-5 turbo in Nov...a new and highly anticipated model/trim in no way should be compare to outgoing 2018 models, and to an extent 2019 non-turbo models. This will be a thread that will fade as more turbos hit the streets and time goes on, but for now it's a valid thread.

Agree again. The deal I got in a Signature CX-5 turbo in Nov...a new and highly anticipated model/trim in no way should be compare to outgoing 2018 models, and to an extent 2019 non-turbo models. This will be a thread that will fade as more turbos hit the streets and time goes on, but for now it's a valid thread.

Tell us it isn*t so. No crap.

So you agree that comparing pricing on left over models and brand new models isn't there same. Any body should be able to get S Plan pricing on a 'left over' models and possibly E Plan pricing on left overs. Not so easily done on a 2019. So this thread specifically addressing 2029 has some meaningful value for a short period of time.

If this thread bothers you why do you come to it?

So you agree that comparing pricing on left over models and brand new models isn't there same. Any body should be able to get S Plan pricing on a 'left over' models and possibly E Plan pricing on left overs. Not so easily done on a 2019. So this thread specifically addressing 2029 has some meaningful value for a short period of time.

If this thread bothers you why do you come to it?

Anybody that gets E or S plan pricing on leftovers got taken to the cleaners! You can get better pricing than that right now on 2019 models (already posted here). Why do you come here if you*re not even gonna share your price? Mazda racing price, E plan, S plan Price, Lmao...

I quit coming here for awhile after I helped 6 people save thousands and thousands over the price they were getting, all while being called names and told I should be ashamed of myself for taking advantage of the dealers. Lol

So, maybe you*re onto something, maybe I shouldn*t come here, but at least I share my pricing and leads, unlike you...

S plan pricing is awful. I didn't get that great of deal on mine and it was better than S plan.

I don't know what E plan pricing looks like.

...I haven't posted my deal on this forum. I had 2 deals in my hand when I bought my Signature in Nov. I'm a member of Mazdas racing association and I also had rare option to to get employee pricing. Both of these are paid for directly by Mazda and not the dealer. So I didn't and I won't post my price because it's was truly a rare opportunity and don't want people banging their head against a brick wall trying by to get the same deal.

Let me guess. S-Plan price on a non optioned Sig is ~$36,350 and E-Plan is ~35,250. This is before incentives. Would I be far off if I guessed your price to be around $34,750?

I was a few bucks short of hitting the S-Plan price, so I feel ok about my deal. I certainly wouldn't expect to be at the same price as someone that gets E-Plan pricing. If I did, those that work for Mazda would be the ones pissed.

Let me guess. S-Plan price on a non optioned Sig is ~$36,350 and E-Plan is ~35,250. This is before incentives. Would I be far off if I guessed your price to be around $34,750?

I was a few bucks short of hitting the S-Plan price, so I feel ok about my deal. I certainly wouldn't expect to be at the same price as someone that gets E-Plan pricing. If I did, those that work for Mazda would be the ones pissed.

E plan used to equate to about 6.7% on a stripped GT CX-5 (on a Sig it*s even less and laughable), ($2012 off MSRP), would assume still about the same. Employees should be pissed as that price sucks, and it*s already being beaten numerous places, even posted here several times. Plans seem more like a lure in trick for the gullible than anything...

E plan used to equate to about 6.7% on a stripped GT CX-5 (on a Sig it*s even less and laughable), ($2012 off MSRP), would assume still about the same. Employees should be pissed as that price sucks, and it*s already being beaten numerous places, even posted here several times. Plans seem more like a lure in trick for the gullible than anything...

I was using 7%, as that's what I found on 2018 GT AWD's.

The most discount I saw on a Mazda was 25% on a 6 AT sport. 6K off Msrp. I was seeing prices for 2017 6 Touring with all package at 22k. Again 24% off. CX-5 sells better so it won't be this high but 15% over next 6 months is doable. 5500 or 5800 on a Signature. Also depends on how many signature/ GT-R are bought stateside.
Won't be shocked at 28-29000 prices year end for Signature.

Your deal was a good one. Your approximations regarding S & E plans are very close.

Right now if people do their homework like you did they can get the S Plan pricing on the '19 turbo models. In a year everyone will be able to get a left over '19 Turbo at E plan pricing and this thread will be history ....LOL

Your deal was a good one. Your approximations regarding S & E plans are very close.

Right now if people do their homework like you did they can get the S Plan pricing on the '19 turbo models. In a year everyone will be able to get a left over '19 Turbo at E plan pricing and this thread will be history ....LOL

E plan pricing in a year. Bwahaha. It*s available now. Simply just ask. They can sell all they want at those prices and make huge margins. Last time, If you pay E plan pricing in a year, you got taken for a ride, but hey, as long as you enjoy you*re new whip, that*s al that matters in the long run...

The most discount I saw on a Mazda was 25% on a 6 AT sport. 6K off Msrp. I was seeing prices for 2017 6 Touring with all package at 22k. Again 24% off. CX-5 sells better so it won't be this high but 15% over next 6 months is doable. 5500 or 5800 on a Signature. Also depends on how many signature/ GT-R are bought stateside.
Won't be shocked at 28-29000 prices year end for Signature.

Exactly...

Was actually kinda waiting on you to chime in as we have always been on the exact same page in this regard...

I got $5800 off my GT, and if I break down and decide to buy a GTR/Sig, I plan to do it again. I will never settle for less than 15%, you can believe that for sure...

E plan pricing in a year. Bwahaha. It*s available now. Simply just ask. They can sell all they want at those prices and make huge margins. Last time, If you pay E plan pricing in a year, you got taken for a ride, but hey, as long as you enjoy you*re new whip, that*s al that matters in the long run...

I think you would have a hard time getting E-Plan pricing on a Signature in this area. Dealers are selling them faster than they can get them in, what would their incentive be? I'm sure things will catch up in the near future and better deals will be had. I have no problem not getting 10%+ off my purchase. If it was important, I would have waited. We bought my wife a vehicle we both liked and didn't have to break the bank getting it. (drive2)

I think you would have a hard time getting E-Plan pricing on a Signature in this area. Dealers are selling them faster than they can get them in, what would their incentive be? I'm sure things will catch up in the near future and better deals will be had. I have no problem not getting 10%+ off my purchase. If it was important, I would have waited. We bought my wife a vehicle we both liked and didn't have to break the bank getting it. (drive2)

Like stated. That*s all that matter in the end is that you*re happy and enjoying your new whip...

You*re a little too far for me to wanna find out, but have no doubt I easily could. They*re selling here, there, and everywhere too, doesn*t make one bit of difference to me and how I gonna about getting the job done...

Ha! You've obviously never sold Mazda's if you think there is anything close to 'huge markups', even at full sticker

Back