Mats and other things

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
Hello. I just purchased a 2018 CX-5 Touring AWD and I was looking to buy the all-weather mats and the cargo liner floor mat. I looked in Amazon for these products (there is no way I can enter my current model, but I was told I could use the 2017 model in its place) but it seems all I can get are the mats that I need to trim in order to fit the car. Is this the only option I have or are there mats that properly fit my model just not in Amazon?

Also, when I was buying the car I had to sign some sort of acknowledgment form about not using chains when driving under snowy conditions. What would I use if chains were required?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions as time passes, but these are the main ones I have now.

Thanks.

I would recommend the OEM Premium floor mats if you want amazing coverage. But I noticed you're in San Fran., so you probably don't have to worry about crappy weather getting into the car (e.g. snow/slush). Anything aftermarket mat will probably work fine for your climate (i.e. that you cut to fit in).

Chains on tires is for severe winter conditions. Must be a state or country thing asking you to sign that...very strange.

Hello. I just purchased a 2018 CX-5 Touring AWD and I was looking to buy the all-weather mats and the cargo liner floor mat. I looked in Amazon for these products (there is no way I can enter my current model, but I was told I could use the 2017 model in its place) but it seems all I can get are the mats that I need to trim in order to fit the car. Is this the only option I have or are there mats that properly fit my model just not in Amazon?

Also, when I was buying the car I had to sign some sort of acknowledgment form about not using chains when driving under snowy conditions. What would I use if chains were required?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions as time passes, but these are the main ones I have now.

Thanks.

I have the same set of OEM all weather mats still from my 2013. I moved them to the 2015, and now they are in my 2016.5, and still holding up great.

As far as the tire chains agreement, did you happen to lease your vehicle? I think this agreement is only seen for leasing through Mazda.

Chains on tires is for severe winter conditions. Must be a state or country thing asking you to sign that...very strange.
Even though we don't have snow in San Francisco, there are places nearby (within 4 hours) that you can travel and you are required to use chains from time to time (traveling to the Lake Tahoe are and Yosemite come to mind). I was asking because I'm planning a snow trip to Yosemite in a couple of months and I would like to be prepared for that, but if I can't use chains, what then?

weathertech, husky liners and 3D maxpider all make all weather floor liners for the 2017 CX-5. They will also fit the 2018's since nothing inside changed. There are also options for cargo liners as well from both mazda and maxtray with some other out there as well

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I suggest 3D MaxSpider the quality it’s far better than Weathertech. Easier to clean and maintain as new one. I bought from PartsEngine.ca, I had a great deal on these 187$ CA for all the mats. 2 front and one piece for the rear.

Thanks.

I have and recommend the Mazda-branded All-Weather mats. Excellent coverage for protection from mud and snow. They are more expensive than the 3D maxspider mats, but look much nicer, with the silver Mazda logo.

These mats are available from a Mazda dealer in Canada. This dealer offers 10 - 20% off coupons frequently.

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...ium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018

https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-2nd-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018

I have a question, can someone tell me what's the difference, if any, between the X-Act and the Weatherbeater mats (both by Husky)?

Thanks.

The X-Act are soft, virgin rubber - the Weatherbeaters are not. I contacted Husky at the beginning of December about X-Acts for the 2017+, as they weren't listed on the website. I got an email back, saying they were 4-6 weeks out to being available. Then I got another email almost 3 weeks ago saying they had a manufacturing problem and were being delayed by 2 weeks. They should be available any day now.

The X-Act are soft, virgin rubber - the Weatherbeaters are not. I contacted Husky at the beginning of December about X-Acts for the 2017+, as they weren't listed on the website. I got an email back, saying they were 4-6 weeks out to being available. Then I got another email almost 3 weeks ago saying they had a manufacturing problem and were being delayed by 2 weeks. They should be available any day now.
Which ones do you think are best? Do you think I should wait for the X-Act to come out? Is it worth the wait? Thanks for your response.

IMO, nothing compares to soft, virgin rubber: doesn't get stiff when cold, easy to clean, and I've found it wears better than plastic or plastic-like materials. I was going to buy the Weatherbeaters because the X-Act fits weren't available. But then that's what prompted me to contact Husky, and I was happy to hear the X-Acts for the CX-5 2017+ were coming out soon. I firmly believe they will be worth the wait.

IMO, nothing compares to soft, virgin rubber: doesn't get stiff when cold, easy to clean, and I've found it wears better than plastic or plastic-like materials. I was going to buy the Weatherbeaters because the X-Act fits weren't available. But then that's what prompted me to contact Husky, and I was happy to hear the X-Acts for the CX-5 2017+ were coming out soon. I firmly believe they will be worth the wait.

Thanks. In that case I'll wait for them. Please keep us posted when they become available.

we picked up the Maxpider 3D mats for our 2016. They are very nice, but as we have discovered recently with snow and rain, when your shoes/mats get water on them they can be a bit slick during ingress/egress if you put a lot of weight on your foot. I like the fact that these Maxpider 3D mats have good DEAD pedal coverage; the weather tech mats not so much.

The spouse mentioned she slipped a bit entering the car on a day it was super wet. Other than that, they are easy to clean and provide good side coverage in the footwell area.

I cannot speak to the cargo mat as we did not pick one of those up yet. Worst case for now, until you get one, is to get a blanket that you don't care about and use that to keep the floor (carpet) looking clean and free of debris.

As far as the snow chains are concerned, what did said document say the snow chains would do to the car if used? Is it a damage thing (shafts & differentials)? Is it a speed thing? Seem ballsy to have people sign an anti-snow chain document. There are non-chain devices, some are text tile (tire socks) while others are plastic (zip tie-ish), that can help you out in deep snow and/or solid ice conditions.

If I were you, I would go back to the dealer, if you didn't get a copy, and see what the fine print says on the anti-snow chain document. Is it specific to THAT dealer or is it a Mazda USA/North america thing? Just about about those Canadians and not being able to use snow chains [:maple leaf:] .

If you plan to frequent the mountains during the winter months, maybe a group of dedicated snow wheel/tires. Sure, you would need to sway them for each trip, as regular San Fran WX during the "winter" would destroy winter tires if used on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I have been asking husky when the x-act liners would be available too. I was told early March.

Just heard from Husky today about the X-Act liners. They've been delayed again because of a manufacturing problem.

At $230 that's a hefty price tag.

I still think the TuxMats have better coverage, look better and cost less $190 delivered from Canada

At $230 that's a hefty price tag.

I still think the TuxMats have better coverage, look better and cost less $190 delivered from Canada
Wow! Never heard of these TuxMats. They're not that much cheaper than X-Act, though, CA$229. You can get the set of X-Acts on Amazon for $207.

I suggest 3D MaxSpider the quality its far better than Weathertech. Easier to clean and maintain as new one. I bought from PartsEngine.ca, I had a great deal on these 187$ CA for all the mats. 2 front and one piece for the rear.

Just got my 3D MaxSpider from Amazon.com. They did not fit and the holes are not in the correct places. Sending them back in the morning. It's a good thing this is the wife's car. She is not as critical as me.

Back