2017 CX-5 Wipers

I don’t know what to expect, but if it’s a matter of durability then just buy a couple sets?

Is this a matter of refusing to go to the dealer?

I don’t get it. Alternatives are out there
Let me clarify.

Brand new they we're streaking water, skipping along windshield, allowing ice to build up.

Replaced them with some Bosch Icons.

Just throwing that out there for folks. Saw the picture, knew the blades.

Last edited:
This is what the 2018 wiper manual at Walmart say fits. 18” & 24”

1e0a00e89c5b072a87f1b01b690b84a0.jpg

6dc0d71ee6ec9da31556c5c26ba08078.jpg
Thank (thumb)

Glad you 2017+ guys are starting to have more options/solutions.

Last thing we need is to have someone do this:
wiper-guy.jpg

Well Im a bit old fashioned (a bit old altogether really) so Ill stay conventional.

A look at the original first but for my Ozzie mate, a look at the packaging. The R suffix denotes RH drive which really means the aerofoil is at the bottom and the mounting clip is attached accordingly;

IMG_4335.jpg

Now a closer look at the blade. These used up to 2016 are called hybrid blades in that they are part clamshell and part framed with the attachment arms.

IMG_4336.jpg

I took one of my 17s off which is known as a frameless blade and laid side by side you can see just how substantial the hybrid is;

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

I bought the refills as discussed above......

IMG_4339.jpg

.....and I already had refills for the hybrid blades. They are rather more substantial than the frameless;

IMG_4341.jpg

However, if you look at the actual part of the blade that contacts the glass, they are very similar in profile.

IMG_4343.jpg

Whatever we conclude from this, the fact remains that the hybrids dont shimmy and they dont clunk when they change direction so maybe it is the fitting that is the weak point.

I haven’t owned a car with a j hook in over a decade. I didn’t realize that was still a thing lol

Was reading the manual and came across this:

29n9ipt.jpg

(hmm) interesting....

Latest posts

Back