Eliminating Smoke from Seats?

Familia323

What do you guys think is the best thing for getting rid of smoke in fabric(car seats)? I just picked up some MSP seats, but neglected to ask if the guy smoked or not. Obviously he did, and I want to get rid of the smell before it seeps into the rest of my car.

I am using some Odor-Cide on them right now, so we'll see how that goes. I know that I'm not going to eliminate it completely because I'm pretty sure it soaked into the foam part of the seats. But anything will help at this point.

Shampooing should do the trick.

I don't understand why someone would smoke in a new car. :confused:

Yeah, I used to get carpet or upholstry cleaner that is meant for those steam cleaners that you can rent at the grocery store. Pour about 1/4 cup in a gallon of water and get a stiff brush. Start scrubbing the seats really well. Then get a wet/dry vac and suck the water out. You won't be able to get them completely dry, but most of the way. I have a steam cleaner attachment that fits on the shop vac hose, it is clear so you can see the water that is being sucked up. I just keep repeating the process until the water that comes out is clear. It usually takes a day or two to completely dry out, but it should be pretty good...

This works great on carpets and floormats too...

febreeze auto works great for me, but i dont know if itll take out smoke smell, cause i dont smoke. but for everything else, it works great.

last summer, i just wanted to clean the seats, so i brought Armourall upholstry cleaners, put it on the seats throughly and then used the steam cleaner after that.. its worked pretty well.

thanks guys... I'm probably going to do the steam cleaning bit next, then some more deodorizing. The back seat had some damage from the accident that the MSP was in so I am going to have an upholstry shop replace the back pad anyway with my old one... So I might see if they can do it to the front seats too. I dont know if it will work with the extra bolstering on the MSP seats though....

One of those mini ionzers that plug into the cig lighter might help draw the smoke smell out. I tried it in my GF's car before she sold it it it worked great.

febreeze works awesome on cigerette smoke. My freinds dad smokes and whenever his dad would go out of town he would febreeze the whole house and you would never even know someone smoked in the house

oh s***... I didn't even think of that... haha thats funny since my friend sells Ionizers... hahaa..... Thanks man!

A.V.MSP said:
febreeze works awesome on cigerette smoke. My freinds dad smokes and whenever his dad would go out of town he would febreeze the whole house and you would never even know someone smoked in the house

do they make unscented febreeze?

Advance has Febreeze like smellie stuff..AH Air freshner (couldn't think of the word), anyways s**** cheap and smells aight (like febreeze) I got 2 huge bottles for 2 dollars instead of paying a lil more for real febreeze. Doubt it'd get the smell out but over time it'd mask it long enough for the smell to naturally go away. I'm so glad I haven't smoked in my car, my old civic smelled terrible. Hard to drive and not smoke but I'm trying to quit so the p5 is helping me.

So far the Odor-Cide has worked on at least getting rid of the permeating smell of the smoke.. I am going to look into steam cleaning and then deodorizing again.. then get one of the car ionizers....I'm pretty sure it will be allright, but we'll see what happens when it gets humid and hot in the summer (eekdance).

Back