vacuum line?? (BOV)

jaw307

:
03.5 MSP
I will be installing an intercooler pipe(from trbo to IC) with a monza BOV(basically hks ssqv). Anyways I was going to install the vacuum line using the stock t and couple of inches of stock hose to the stock bov by ataching the vacuum filter that is suplied with the valve. But the question is that there is a hard plastic piece that runs into the line to conect the stock 90 deg elbow that conects to the stock bpv. is that piece removable or will it just break?

Just remove the elbow and the plastic piece and run the vaccuum line direct to the bpv. Don't forget to clamp it. Oh and don't use stock vaccuum line it sux. Order some silicon line from www.boostcontroller.com I got the 4mm line and i changed alot of my vaccuum lines and I gained 1psi of boost from doing it. Also the stock lines become frail under heat and break after a while where silicon won't.

fyi, some people who have gone with an aftermarket bov have also switched where the vacuum source is. instead, they've tapped into the brake booster line. it's a really strong vacuum source. run a search and i'm sure you'll find the thread.

Striker187 said:
fyi, some people who have gone with an aftermarket bov have also switched where the vacuum source is. instead, they've tapped into the brake booster line. it's a really strong vacuum source. run a search and i'm sure you'll find the thread.

that seems like a long distance to run a hose from were I am putting it. does that matter?

for now I just ran it from the stock t and just did away with the stock hose. that should be ok untill I get a bunch of vacuum lines to replace all the stockers. thanks

CustomMSP said:
How does it sound/work?

I am a little ahead of myself I havent gotten the pipe yet. I am just getting things ready while the car is still in storage so it will be a quick install.

I will post some stuff on it as soon as I get the pipe.

CustomMSP said:
How does it sound/work?

funny thing that you ask, your intercooler is my next project if you are still making them twards the end of the summer, or sooner depending on taxes

jaw307 - hmm....in that case, other people have run a dedicated line to the bov, cause the original bpv is teed off from the wastegate line if i'm not mistaken. they've tapped into some other source for the wastegate.

custommsp - you have any soundclips of the hks with your purple insert? interested to hear how it sounds. i've only heard an ok soundclip of one.

jaw307 said:
that seems like a long distance to run a hose from were I am putting it. does that matter?

No, cause it's a much stronger source of vacume and dedicated to one source, not split over multiple applications (wastegate, boost gauge etc)

In mist cases it will work better.

Striker187 said:
jaw307 - hmm....in that case, other people have run a dedicated line to the bov, cause the original bpv is teed off from the wastegate line if i'm not mistaken. they've tapped into some other source for the wastegate.

custommsp - you have any soundclips of the hks with your purple insert? interested to hear how it sounds. i've only heard an ok soundclip of one.

I'll have to create one. It sounds very different from everything else I've heard.

Striker187 said:

I am not using the stock bpv at all so I will have to get a new wastegate line to eliminate the stock t(instead of blocking it of with a cap) and then use a t at the brake booster for the bov

good deal. you sounded unsure as to tapping into the brake booster line so i thought i'd give you another alternative.

Striker187 said:
good deal. you sounded unsure as to tapping into the brake booster line so i thought i'd give you another alternative.

yeah thats why I made this post, to get feed back and reassurance on what to do. Its been very helpful. but for now just to get it hooked up I think I am going to use the stock t at the wastegate and new hose.
I just wish I had the pipe so I can put it together.

jaw307 said:
yeah thats why I made this post, to get feed back and reassurance on what to do. Its been very helpful. but for now just to get it hooked up I think I am going to use the stock t at the wastegate and new hose.
I just wish I had the pipe so I can put it together.

Yeah I have my BOV running off the Brake booster line. Works great...although I still get some compressor surge if I drop the accelerator instead of backing off of it.

Check these out to hear the purple insert HKS:

http://www.codewizz.com/MSP/re.wav
http://www.codewizz.com/MSP/re1.wav

odd, i don't really hear any difference between the purple insert and the normal triple fin. i thought the purple fin was supposed to get rid of the high pitched whistle?

Back