30,000 mile Service

bigj884

:
Mazda Protege 5
well as the title states im due for my 30,000 mile service......and i was wondering if anyone kknew any good places that do the service around Sarasota.....Bradenton....besides a mazda dealership......the dealership said something about charging $450......so i was just wondering if i could go somewhere that would do the same service for a cheaper price....

thanks for the help

p.s. i know Pep Boys probably could but they suck ASS....i hate them and dont really want to go to them....unless there is another one thats not near my house....the one near my house SUCKS.....

What's in the 30k? I doubt it's much more than an oil change, coolant flush and fill, air filter and plugs. Assuming you use top of the line fluids, plugs and filters it'll cost for $150 and the afternoon to do it yourself. With the cheap stuff or OEM like $50.

plugs = 40 bucks
distilled water with water wetter = 10 bucks
oil change = 20 bucks
filters = 20 bucks
extra tools = 10 bucks

i think that's about it, all these things should take u about one hour, maybe 2, it's not too hard, just takes a little bit of time

there r how to's on the forum

yeah but i dont want to do it myself....dont want the risk of screwing things up...

any suggestions on where i should go?/

i would say to do it at my place, i got a garage and a nice amount of tools, but i don't know where bradenton is at

way south of tampa, but very close to ft lauderdale, also close to the hollywood/ft lauderdale airport

i know a place you shouldn't go- jiffy lube. if there's a local shop that you know and trust, i would go there and stay there while they change your fluids. probably watch them, too, so they feel the pressure to make sure they do everything. someone left a major chain place with their oil drain plug missing, and their oil cap not even on the engine

If you want to take a drive up north to Gainesville, Sal's Automotive is a great mechanic. I have gone there many times, and have many co-workers who go there too.

Jiffy Lube Bee Ridge rd Sarasota , Us 41 south to Bee Ridge rd , First jiffy on the Left. They have done all my maint last six years , thats 4 F-350 work trucks , my Honda Van and my P-5. Not a single problem Andy is the Mgr

The Jiffy Lube in Gainesville on 13th and 39th is very good as well. When I am feeling lazy, I take my car to them. No problems in 4 years.

just do it in your driveway. . . .follow the workshop manual and switch the stuff out. . its pretty simple if you just read up on the procedure before you do it. .

This forum's walked me through everything I've done to my car and I'll thumbs. Just be careful to not overtighten.... that's my weakness.

Back