Headlight Issue [Headlight Casing]

CrazyXZac

:
2004 MAZDA 6s
*from the other forums, where i posted... but wanted your insight on it also*

anyone else dealing with the same problem as me?

my passenger side headlight seems to keep having a melt mark or something, to be more precise, its right below the fog light.

the casing that covers each of the lights, right below the passenger side fog light, its a small melt mark on its casing. i've had it replaced 3 times already, and was wondering if its just something that's just there... or do i have a bad lighting on that side causing it to heat etc.

can ya'll get back to me and tell me if you have any sort of melt mark on your headlight casing...?

i talked to a fellow mazda6s owner in michigan, and looked @ his car... and he has no sort of issue...

i have a 04' got it in October.

any ideas?

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=29982

anything anyone knows about this problem?

new.jpg

that's what it looks like new...

burn.jpg

that's what it looks like burn... as in, the black area is the burn melt area...

thought i'd try to give a good picture description of the problem.

Shat Man! Can't find it anywhere! It was an issue with the fogs that the h3 bulbs would overheat and the fix was springs added by dealer so they would alow air in the housing to cool the bulbs...

This is where I look for issues http://forum.mazda6tech.com/index.php?c=5 this unfortunately wasn't there or I couldn't find it...

Last edited:
Da 6 said:
Shat Man! Can't find it anywhere! It was an issue with the fogs that the h3 bulbs would overheat and the fix was springs added by dealer so they would alow air in the housing to cool the bulbs...

This is where I look for issues http://forum.mazda6tech.com/index.php?c=5 this unfortunately wasn't there or I couldn't find it...

so there was an issue with this...? what springs are you talking about? wheels?

i'm soo confused... i'm rather upset about this coz' my dealer is being jewish about this... so i need as much fact/proof as possibel so i can throw it @ their face...

Exterior Lighting: Fog Lightsposted on August 14, 2003 @ 4:25PM | by Absolut in Service Bulletins/Recalls category

This information was released on June 8, 2003.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has released the following information:

This recall affects the following vehicles:
2001-2003 Mazda Miata
2002-2003 Mazda MPV
2003 Mazda Mazda6

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 64000

Summary:
On certain minivans and passenger vehicles, the socket holder in the fog lights is installed in the lamp casing using high pressure. During opertaion of the fog light, the heat from the bulb can expand the socket holder. The expansion can force the socket holder rearward. After repeatedly being subject to this expansion, if the fog light is also subjected to vibration during vehicle operation, the socket holder with the bulb holder and the wiring harness may seperate from the fog light casing.

Consequence:
Should this occur, the bulb socket and the harness can drop inside the bumper and in the worst case, the heat generated can cause the bumper to burn.

Remedy:
Dealers will install a spring to prevent the socket holder from coming off the lamp case. Owner notification is expected to begin during JUne 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within an reasonable time should contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500.

ok found it! sounds like a difrent issue...you are running stock bulbs right? also move on to a difrent dealer if they are being total asses

omg... thanks Da6... mines an 04... but this is good fact... i might have gotten a mid model... 03-04 etc.

if ya find anymore info... lemme kno. and thanks!

I'll have to take a look at my light cassings as well cause I got a mid 03-04 as well sold as a 04.

the drivers door should say the car build month. The housings might say it but usual in a spot that required removal :(

my car was built in June 03. And purchased in August 04 as a 04 model. I have the sport 6 so I assume my Mazda 6 was one of the very first sports built.

I checked the front lights, and everything seems to be normal.

wow my car was built in 3-03 as a 03....Hmm No antenna so I know it's 03.

mine is 08/04...

my dad is writing a complaint letter to the dealer as well as to mazda...

i dunno what that's gonna do. any help?

Da 6 said:
call mazdausa 1st ;) 1-800-222-5500

i gotta head to the dealer on monday to get a written statement from the "boss" coz' that's when he'll be there...

i'm sure he's gonna gay me and deny his statement.

dude if they couldn't trace the problem then and just said heres a housing X3 there is no point in going back to them ;)

here's some pics i took 2day...

hopefully it has a better exp. what issue i'm going through.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

anyone else had this issue?

Our 2005 6i left side headlight casing fogs up when it gets washed or rains...believe me, the dealer will be replacing it.

I had it happen only once...only casts I get now are the clear corners after medium to mildly violent rainstorms or car washes.

if they are inb oem form...take back to dealership and tell them to replace them till they don't have the condensation any more as many times as it takes while you still have the warenty. As long as you didn't break the seal on the tail lights to paint the inside housings you should be good ;)

Back