Where do the airbags come from?

mazda3zoom

:
Sweetest Car Ever
i was just wonderin exactly where the side airbags deploy from in the event of a crash??? im wonderin cuz i wanna know if a-pillar guages would get in the way of the airbags. i have a pic of what they look like in the rears. but i havnt had the front panels off yet. any info would be nice.
PS thats the rear passenger side in case anyone couldnt tell.

Attachments

• airbag.jpg
    airbag.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 199
Since your head is nowhere near the A pillar then the side airbags would deploy on the door side of the top, not the A pillar. Gauge away with no problem.

Not true.

If you remove the A pillar, you can very well see the same apparatus that is in the C pillar for the passenger airbag.

If you take the time to (carefully) remove the A pillar, you can see everything for yourself. Right now I am thinking gauges would not work out in that location for those of us with the side airbags.

do u guys think the airbags come outta the plastic area or tear through the carpet???or where? im gonna look around for sites showing how the airbags deploy.

The A-pillar trim is on little "pop-outs" that release about a half-inch to let the air bag sneak out between the trim piece and the door.

goldwing2000 said:
The A-pillar trim is on little "pop-outs" that release about a half-inch to let the air bag sneak out between the trim piece and the door.

so technically as long as all of my wires and stuff behind the plastic werent gonna get caught on anything, stoppin the plastic from popin out it should be fine?

goldwing2000 said:
Theoretically.

Are you willing to bet your life on it?

i guess we'll find out..i dont know if im gonna do it yet. but if i do ill post pics, then if i dont post for a long time everyone knows it wasnt a good idea. (uhm)

Back