Weird sound while taking off from stop

genius

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed Protege
This just started happening to me today...

When I start to move forward, I get this knock sound. It sounds identical to the sound you get if your rotors are rusted and you try to roll for the first time after the car has been sitting.

It occurs after I my clutch is halfway up and the car has already started to roll. I can feel it resonate through the clutch pedal. It happens almost everytime.

Is it the clutch? Suspension? WTF?

Clutch Chatter.

Mine does it too.. has for a long long time.

Only thing you can do to fix it is get a new clutch, but it doesnt really hurt anything.

I get mine from aftermarket pads that have a tiny bit of give as compared with stock, i.e. they sit a little loose in the caliper.

It could also be a worn motor mount. I had that clunk as well, exactly as you describe.

Sounds

Thanks guys!

I actually feel better now.

I recently built my own hardpipes and I know for a fact, I am right against the master cylinder. I just never thought of that as a cause. I guess that is why wee have these forums:)

I would hope it is not the mount since I only have 18000, but the reason I am happy is because 1) someone else heard it in their car and 2) it doesn't mean that my motor is about to explode LOL!

Back