Just installed the corksport exhaust

speedcicle

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege. Spicy orange mica
This exhaust sounds awesome, it's a nice deep throaty sound. Plus it looks real nice all polished but who is gonna see it anyway. With the exhaust upgrade and new vaccuum lines I went up to 7 psi without the boost controller. That install will be happening soon along with the DSM AFC. Then up to 10psi we go. Well just felt like tellin someone, later guys.

I deifintley feel a power difference, it spools up a bit quicker and has better throttle response. As for overall hp i am not to sure but it had to add a little i would think.

Did your get that "MIL" eliminator. B/c I heard that you will throw a cell with that exhaust. Also which one did you get the $400 or the $600 exhaust

O sorry i didn't specify, I got the corksport power exhaust for 380 bucks. And I used the spark plug non-foulers to keep that CEL away. It is the simplest fix and a much cheaper than an MIL (it was like 3 bucks). So far no CEL here.

speedcicle said:
O sorry i didn't specify, I got the corksport power exhaust for 380 bucks. And I used the spark plug non-foulers to keep that CEL away. It is the simplest fix and a much cheaper than an MIL (it was like 3 bucks). So far no CEL here.

What are spark plug non-foulers? I have never heard of them before.

Matt

speedcicle said:
This exhaust sounds awesome, it's a nice deep throaty sound. Plus it looks real nice all polished but who is gonna see it anyway. With the exhaust upgrade and new vaccuum lines I went up to 7 psi without the boost controller. That install will be happening soon along with the DSM AFC. Then up to 10psi we go. Well just felt like tellin someone, later guys.

Also when you changed out your vac lines what did you end up doing, just replacing all the stock lines with better vac lines? If so what kind did you use, sounds like something I would be interested in doing thats in my budget.

Matt

P.S. Can someone tell me how to do multiple quotes in one post?

speedcicle said:
I deifintley feel a power difference, it spools up a bit quicker and has better throttle response. As for overall hp i am not to sure but it had to add a little i would think.

Yeah, I felt the same when I installed mine. Got to the dyno and I saw I gain 10tq to the wheels but lost 6whp. BUT I gained est 25 on the chart and my power curvers are 20 times better. That is all that matters to me though.

MazdaSpeed0020 said:
Also when you changed out your vac lines what did you end up doing, just replacing all the stock lines with better vac lines? If so what kind did you use, sounds like something I would be interested in doing thats in my budget.

Matt

P.S. Can someone tell me how to do multiple quotes in one post?

I just go to the post I want and quote it. I then highlight everything and copy it. I backout and go tot he other post I want and paste the previous copy in it and type away. Sorta like I did this one. It's quick for me because I use key shortcuts so there is very little clicking.

Matt,

Spark plug non foulers are basically just threaded pipe fittings, you can get them at almost any auto parts store, they are on the HELP rack part# 42002. And what you do is drill one out to 1/2 an inch then put the one you drilled into the other one, thread them into the o2 location and then put your o2 sensor back in. As for my vaccuum lines I got them from www.boostcontroller.com LLC, it is 4mm silicon hose and I got a 20ft length. I replaced all of the smalller lines, mainly the line from the waste gate actuator to the vaccuum T then from the vaccuum T to the intake manifold, and then continuing on to all the rest of the small lines. Including lines to vaccuum operated sensors, and other lines off the intake manifold.

speedcicle said:
Matt,

Spark plug non foulers are basically just threaded pipe fittings, you can get them at almost any auto parts store, they are on the HELP rack part# 42002. And what you do is drill one out to 1/2 an inch then put the one you drilled into the other one, thread them into the o2 location and then put your o2 sensor back in. As for my vaccuum lines I got them from www.boostcontroller.com LLC, it is 4mm silicon hose and I got a 20ft length. I replaced all of the smalller lines, mainly the line from the waste gate actuator to the vaccuum T then from the vaccuum T to the intake manifold, and then continuing on to all the rest of the small lines. Including lines to vaccuum operated sensors, and other lines off the intake manifold.

Thanks for all the info, and in doing the vac lines did it benefit anything or are you just safeguarding them with better materials.

Matt

Replacing the vaccuum lines does help because it safeguards against the lines splitting and it give overall better vaccuum flow. Like i said I gained 1 psi of boost because of the line change. I went from 5 to 6 psi just from changing the lines.

You know on the waste gate, the factory line is at an L, do you replace that part too, or pull off the old line at the beginning of the L?

Thanks,
Ryan
speedcicle said:
Matt,

gen1pro said:
Did your get that "MIL" eliminator. B/c I heard that you will throw a cell with that exhaust. Also which one did you get the $400 or the $600 exhaust

corksport has 2 exhaust??? whats the 600 dollar one?

Rawyzf said:
You know on the waste gate, the factory line is at an L, do you replace that part too, or pull off the old line at the beginning of the L?

Thanks,
Ryan

I replaced the whole line those elbows are P.O.S, so i just attached the vaccuum direct to the waste gate accuator and put a small clamp on it.

mspeed101 said:
I think hes talking about the one that is still in development

Na he is talkin about the catback from thermal research. It is 615 on corksports site.

Back