is there, where is there (rumor to me)

just get a line output converter. if you want something higher end, audio control has the LC-6 (i think that's the model) and JL has the cleansweep.

Obsidian said:
line output converter eh? thats like speaker wire to RCA adapter?

excellent.
thank you.

Basicly, yes.
Some amps have them built in.

Iceman112k3 said:
getting rid of your aftermarket deck?

I have a pair if you want me matt.

yeah, im going to do a sneaky install, im getting rid of all my big bad gear LoL

as long as trhe stock deck performs as well as my Ghost, ill be happy.

ive noticed that older style amps have the line in just a speaker wire hook up..

Obsidian said:
yeah, im going to do a sneaky install, im getting rid of all my big bad gear LoL

as long as trhe stock deck performs as well as my Ghost, ill be happy.

ive noticed that older style amps have the line in just a speaker wire hook up..

Typicly its called speaker level in.
Line in refers to the RCA's

In the AV world, we refer to audio signals in 3 catagories that correspond to there voltage. Mic level (very low, measure in millivolts), Line level (about .5-several volts), and speaker level (very high, commonly 20 volts +)

Last edited:
i see.. so i have to find the right line out's on the deck, and use the line converter to have the signal transfered to RCA jacks..

I'm going to assume that the signal is going to be aprox the same power as the signal comming off an aftermarket deck designed to accomadate an aftermarket amp.
the only thing im concerned with before i buy a stock HU again, is will it perform as well as a generic aftermarket deck with the line out converter? i read not too long ago that the stock 3rd gen HU is a very very nice SQ HU, another two questions though!

whats the RMS rating for the stock HU?
who made the stock HU for Mazda?

im kind of looking forward to having that HU back in the car, looked so much cleaner than this install.. :\

thanks!!! :D

Obsidian said:
i see.. so i have to find the right line out's on the deck, and use the line converter to have the signal transfered to RCA jacks..

I'm going to assume that the signal is going to be aprox the same power as the signal comming off an aftermarket deck designed to accomadate an aftermarket amp.

Obsidian said:
the only thing im concerned with before i buy a stock HU again, is will it perform as well as a generic aftermarket deck with the line out converter? i read not too long ago that the stock 3rd gen HU is a very very nice SQ HU, another two questions though!

Don't get a generic one, get one from www.davidnavone.com. They are of outstanding quality. Also, you want one that has adjustable levels.

Your factory head units speaker level outputs are more powerful then the aftermarket's RCA's. This is almost always the case.

The factory unit puts out around 10 watts x4 rms.
One of several companies could of built it including pioneer or clarion if I am remeber correctly.

Back