Help Me Pass

No offense, but if you have been bombing out tests for the past weeks and you can't handle a simple array programming task, then you really *should* go back and learn the basic stuff from the begining again. Having someone make something for you as a "band-aid" fix will do you no good. In the end, you will be back where you started; knowing NOTHING.

If programming was found not to be your forte, then you should just drop the class because there will be no point continuing on. Programming is not for everyone, I hope you understand that. It's not healthy to try to force yourself to learn something you're incapable of learning (I suck at math, and I learned the basic HS crap so that I have something barely sufficient to make it through life. I will NOT try to learn more because I have tried and things went up the creek).

When I was in HS, there were many people taking CS and they had trouble understanding the simplest of programming fundementals. What happened afterwards was they copied each other's code stubs and some how crammed them all together to make the program assignment task work half assed and get a barely sufficient grade. In the end they learned NOTHING and bombed tests and the finals.

Sorry, to disappoint you and I'm sorry if I am discouraging you. It's very simple. You are in school (and so am I as well as many others) for one very simple purpose: to learn. If you fail to accomplish that task and just simply get homework grades and barely passing tests (or failing miserably... either way, it's bad), then you have failed to accomplish that purpose.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm simply trying to offer guidance so that you can try to learn stuff. :)

Btw, if this was a compulsory course/credit, then I am very sorry this is happening to you. I wish you the best of luck.

I personally hate schools for taking useless courses that are useless towards the field/degree one's going after. This pretty much happens with all the degree programs out there.

Please don't think of me as a bad person (or a jerk) for not helping you make that program. I'm trying to indirectly help you by guiding you towards learning things. :)

katsmp3 said:
I need a programmer.. I have this program due tommorrow.

http://orca.st.usm.edu/~seyfarth/css333/bank.html

due to my recent test grades I HAVE to do good on this program.

I have it started if anyone can help, i'll email what I've got to them.

kat

PS. We use VBulletin if you are wondering why an admin sucks at simple programming

What language is it and do have a written code I can look at.
I am pretty good with my logic and got an A in C programming.
I don't know very many languages though.

don't tell me you can't do introductory level programming in C......

if you can't do this yourself, you're pretty much guaranteed to fail the higher level courses as you move on.

please spend time studying and learning this stuff, and ask questions here or to your TAs. I can't in my conscience to do someone else's homework when I know it's not doing them any good....

EDIT: eh, I just realized this assignment is due TODAY. Hopefully you got enough help and got it turned in on time.

in the future, please start your programming assignments early so you won't panic at the last second :)

Last edited:
Damn, I am sitting here writing a DB lookup routine in Java right now... Let me look around for a bit, I might have a program or two that might make a good example.

I got it done. I just had a couple errors that I couldn't get rid of.. Thats all.

I do LAN/WAN and Satellite/Telecommunications. This class is required. I wasn't asking for anyone to do anything for me. Just to see if they could see an error that I coudn't.

To The Man,
Welcome to our website, but do not come here trying to start s***. I was looking for a different eye on a subject not your opinion.

Everyone else.
Thanks for the help

kat

katsmp3 said:

To The Man,
Welcome to our website, but do not come here trying to start s***. I was looking for a different eye on a subject not your opinion.

Everyone else.
Thanks for the help

kat
Yeah, man. Kat is a good girl ;).....be chill, to kat, cat.

TheMAN said:
Sorry, to disappoint you and I'm sorry if I am discouraging you. It's very simple. You are in school (and so am I as well as many others) for one very simple purpose: to learn. If you fail to accomplish that task and just simply get homework grades and barely passing tests (or failing miserably... either way, it's bad), then you have failed to accomplish that purpose.

Hmmm... I had similar thoughts about school when I first started...
Then, 3 degrees and 5 years later, I realized that 99% of the stuff I learned in school meant nothing. The only reason employers look for someone with a college education is because they think you have the capacity to learn, not for all the stuff you've done in school.

I'd be willing to bet about 95% of people in college, are there to increase the amount of money they can attain when they start working, not to learn... I learned how to study, interact socially, live cheaply and stay up late while in college. That's about it... All the while with a 3.8 GPA that is totally worthless to me now.

College is for the life experience... If you miss out on that, you should have started working full-time right out of high school.

Lets all just rejous that he isn't a teacher.

"What, you have question. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CLASS! YOU FAIL!"

ahh, but that's the original purpose of school. You're right. That's not the case anymore. It's all so commercialized/"assembly line" now. Get them in, weed out the "unworthy" ("unworthy", wtf?), get them their degree, send them out, next! That's too bad. It's also too bad employers don't look at skills but the stupid paper (I'm sure everyone has seen enough "certified" people who are just certifiably jackasses).

Anyway, in case anyone want to know, I'm going for a degree in auto mechanics and that degree program kicks ass. It has no bulls*** in it. Everything in there are practical stuff that I will use for the rest of my life and for the work I want to do. I just wish there were more degree plans like this. :(

fastdrvr23 said:

Hmmm... I had similar thoughts about school when I first started...
Then, 3 degrees and 5 years later, I realized that 99% of the stuff I learned in school meant nothing. The only reason employers look for someone with a college education is because they think you have the capacity to learn, not for all the stuff you've done in school.

I'd be willing to bet about 95% of people in college, are there to increase the amount of money they can attain when they start working, not to learn... I learned how to study, interact socially, live cheaply and stay up late while in college. That's about it... All the while with a 3.8 GPA that is totally worthless to me now.

College is for the life experience... If you miss out on that, you should have started working full-time right out of high school.

TheMAN said:
You are in school (and so am I as well as many others) for one very simple purpose: to learn. If you fail to accomplish that task and just simply get homework grades and barely passing tests (or failing miserably... either way, it's bad), then you have failed to accomplish that purpose.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm simply trying to offer guidance so that you can try to learn stuff. :)

That's some funny s***. I went to school to get a degree. I have not used ANYTHING I learned in college in the real world. :)
I was the one who sat in back of the class, came in late, only did what was required to pass, finished the tests in 20 minutes, and still walked out with Bs and Cs. My degree still has the same amount of letters as everyone elses, and I did'nt make myself miserable doing it. I worked 3 jobs and played hockey while in school also.

I went to show that I can be taught, get a degree and then get a good job. I accomplished all of my goals within 1 week of graduation. I have moved jobs twice, both times for more money, and this week got another 14% raise. I'm currently in an Engineering Consultant position and moving into Project Consulting Management in a pharmaceutical clinical trials division. How 'bout them apples. (SLACKERS RULE!)

As was said before, college is about learning how to get information, not exactly what it is. It is also about building relationships and using them. You will learn, young ones. :D

Kat, you rock. If you need help, you won't find a better group to ask than here that I've found, just give us more warning next time. :) Also, thanks for the tires. They helped out a ton! (through 2 sets now at 17k miles)

Later Kidz...

Like I said, the original purpose is gone. I'm just very gratful that the school I'm attending now gives the learning experience to the students and offer the help attention they need. I'm very glad that what I'm required to take are the stuff I'm supposed to learn.

cjstringer said:

That's some funny s***. I went to school to get a degree. I have not used ANYTHING I learned in college in the real world. :)
I was the one who sat in back of the class, came in late, only did what was required to pass, finished the tests in 20 minutes, and still walked out with Bs and Cs. My degree still has the same amount of letters as everyone elses, and I did'nt make myself miserable doing it. I worked 3 jobs and played hockey while in school also.

I went to show that I can be taught, get a degree and then get a good job. I accomplished all of my goals within 1 week of graduation. I have moved jobs twice, both times for more money, and this week got another 14% raise. I'm currently in an Engineering Consultant position and moving into Project Consulting Management in a pharmaceutical clinical trials division. How 'bout them apples. (SLACKERS RULE!)

As was said before, college is about learning how to get information, not exactly what it is. It is also about building relationships and using them. You will learn, young ones. :D

Kat, you rock. If you need help, you won't find a better group to ask than here that I've found, just give us more warning next time. :) Also, thanks for the tires. They helped out a ton! (through 2 sets now at 17k miles)

Later Kidz...

I thought college was a huge party with lots of good times. Nothing but creating memories to last you for the rest of your life. Oh wait, I didn't go to a real college, just a dumb 2 year school. But I still got a job and graduated with a 4.0 and high honers. Not cause I'm smart, I'm just good at seeming smart. I learned a little in college ang bs'ed my way through the rest. If you're doing something you really like, you won't need much class time. You'll learn things on your own, what you need to know and some things you shouldn't konw :). don't really know what the hell my point was, just put in my thoughts on the subject. Layyyy

Yeah, I went to a 2 year school too. ITT Tech. It was cool why it lasted, but not enough good times like I would have had at a University. :(

I went to 1 semester and got my job from one class iI took. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I had more since but just the basic stuff except the cal 2

TheMAN is right about one thing, I didn't work hard enough on this course, and I'm paying for it now. Cisco 5 (Building Scalable Networks) kicked my ass, i spent over a hundred hours in that lab.

I got the program done last night, I went to class this morning, and the teacher goes "Only one of the programs that was submitted was correct. So I'm gonna extend the due date to friday"

mine wasn't correct, (i mixed up the math part) But its done now. WOOOO HOOOOOO.

Back