P5 Service Manuals

Jim Frye

Since I just purchased a new '03 P5, I thought I'd get the service manuals now even though it will be three years before I will likely put wrench to bolt on the car. A call to the friendly local Mazda parts counter turned into "Stump the Band". Today, I was in the service department having the wheel locks for the polished wheels installed (they were out of stock when we took delivery last week), and went to see what they had found out. It seems that the 2003 Protege service manuals part numbers have not been released yet and I was advised to wait about 3 months before trying again. Not an issue for me, but I thought some folks might be interested. Jim

Are you sure?

that would be great. but i guess the only people to have the service manuals are the dealers. i have actually used a service manual for my exhaust system. i copied a page from the book to get torque specs, but i have to say it did take them awhile to find it!

The shop manuals for the 2002 P5 and ES are available for download in PDF format from the MazdaSpeed website www.mazdamotorsports.com. I just downloaded mine yesterday. It's about 45MB. The only problem is that you have to registered to download it. The only difference between the (early) 2000 and the 2003 are the side blinkers, 2 extra tweeters, and the cup holders.

Use the 2002 manual, it'll do just fine. Part number 9999-95-017B-02

Keith

Keith@FM said:
Use the 2002 manual, it'll do just fine. Part number 9999-95-017B-02

Keith
beat me to it.
You can go to the parts dept. and order it.

Back