mazda 6 pricing???

White 6s

sp33dy GT on the 3 *****s
Contributor
:
08.5 CWP MS3
have a deposit for a MSP...but really like the mazda 6. can you haggle alil bit with the sticker price on the 6? or will it be like the MSP and sell for sticker, no less? i know u can always try..but anyone know for sure if dealers will sell below?

--ed

you can always talk a dealer down. if not tell them thanks and that your taking your business elsewhere, see if that changes their attitude at all.

I talked the dealer down quite a bit on my mp3. And since the 6 isn't exclusive, it shouldn't be an issue.

I believe Mazda6's will NOT sell for sticker, as the midsize sedan market is extremely competitive as it is, plus it's not a limited edition car like the MSP...

You MAY be able to get a loaded M6s for around 22-23k..... good luck....

Last edited:
just came back from the dealer..they're willing to work on pricing alilbit. this dealership has the larger allotment of 6's..they have 6 in stock..3 are 4 cyl. and 3 6 cyl.

they have one white 5 spd 6s i'm looking at. its a base model..only option are wheel locks...the only option i'd be looking to get is a sport package. the sport package won't be til another month or so.

anyone think there will be a decent aftermarket for this car...come spring time...i'm talking springs/struts or a coil over? maybe a set of headers? for the car without the sport package handles like s***...too much body roll...in my opinion of course. but then again this car is not made for the twisties.

Hey ed, if you do get the 6 you must get the s package. that thing is a gem to drive! but of course you know the MSP wont have as much body roll, and quicker off the line. as far as parts go in my opinion there wont be as many out as the pro5 and msp and mp3, just because old folks dont really tune they're car, and the people that mazda is trying to market think that their car is fast enough! stick with the MSP buddy, i know its hard waiting!

I believe Mazda6's will NOT sell for sticker, as the midsize sedan market is extremely competitive as it is, plus it's not a limited edition car like the MSP... [posted by zoom zoom]

No the MSP is NOT limited production,
They are planning to produce more in late spring of 2003.
Mp3 was only limited edition of 1500.

MrMp3 said:
No the MSP is NOT limited production

well even with the 2nd production run, MSP will still only be produced in LIMITED quantities, compared to the 6, which Mazda is planning for mass production into the 10s of thousands :)

I'm not so certain about the lack of aftermarket products for the 6. Have you seen the MPS 6 concept from Europe? or the Sport grill from the Atenza in Japan? or even the altezza taillights that are stock on Euro/JDM spec 6s?

somehow someway, somebody will produce/replicate these parts for sale here, or Mazda will sell some aftermarket accessories through the dealership.

this car is no camry/accord, and i think the buyers of the 6 will be more likely to be interested in aftermarket parts than the common folks :)

I purchased a Mazda 6s. It pretty bare bones except its automatic (not really my choice but fiancee cant drive stick).

I think the handling is actually really good for such a heavy car, not as good as my P5 but this car is a different class.

As far as after market parts, Boom Plus Toys is selling the JDM body kits and the Atenza tail lights (which I really want to get).

The tail light assembly is $549.

check out there web page its pretty good www.boomplustoys.com

I also emailed injen and they said they will be making a intake for the car, they are just looking for a test car in the So. California area.

Is this a good price?

Is $19,450 for Mazda6 i (i-4) with auto, premium package and wheel locks a good deal? The MSRP is about $20,800.

in my opinion that price is not a bad deal at all...my sticker for a base 6s 5 speed was 21,650. i paid 20,400+ttl etc.

original post
in my opinion that price is not a bad deal at all...my sticker for a base 6s 5 speed was 21,650. i paid 20,400+ttl etc.

wow...wut options did u get?

onionring said:
original post

wow...wut options did u get?

no options...well wheel locks...30 bux...base for a 6s 5 spd is 21620..locks was 30 bux...

base model...it's lighter that way ;-)

Duratec performance is coming with some goodies for the mazda 6s. They have developed a header and are working on a CAI. Im hoping an aftermarket company will develop a turbo for this car. It would be very nice to see what this thing could do with one . As far as suspension H & R and Eibach already have springs available for them.

:mad: Here in Puerto Rico:

Mazda6 6cyl sells for $35,000.00
Mp3 sells for $26.000.00
Mazdaspeed sells for $28,500.00 (lowest I found, I've seen it @$31,000)
Protege5 (my car) I paid $20,395

:rolleyes: shipping and taxes....

I just wanted to share this with you people, that you are lucky to pay those prices...

dont forget insurance: $3,300:eek:

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am just trying to figure out what the going rates are for the 6, or I should say how much will the dealership go down on it??
I am looking at the 6 cyl. w/ leather and sports package. If I can get it under 24 then my wife should have a new car.

Is there any special financing going on now?? Thanx, Dan

MSRP on my mazda 6 was $26,245. I got it for $300 over invoice so it came out to around $23,800. Thats with no S-plan or anything. Mine is as fully loaded as you can get with the exception of wheel locks and the Homelink/compass rear view mirror. Just tell them you want the car and this is how much you will pay. If they are serious about selling a car they will negotiate with you with no problems. Good luck!!

Back