r/f tweeter and speaker not working

bored132

Contributor
:
'03 Black Mica MSP #297
well as the name implies my r/f speakers are not working. I took the door apart and tested both the speakers with a 9v battery and they both are working. I went to a radio shop and the guy told me that it has to be the crossover. I searched for a crossover and found that we dont have crossovers. I have no idea whats going on, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

How are you doing on this??
i assume r/f means front right?
If so, you are correct that there is no factory crossover as the kenwood is simply a coaxle speaker wired in parallel with a mazda tweeter.

There is only one pai of speaker wires per door and they split in the door. My guess is that if the neithe speaker is working then its likely the connection at the radio unless you somehow cut into the factory harness running inside of the dash.

Where did you tap the battery to do a speaker pop?

thx for the response. I tested both speakers individually, i placed the wires off the battery right onto each speaker

bored132 said:
thx for the response. I tested both speakers individually, i placed the wires off the battery right onto each speaker

I'd pull the radio out, disconnect the radio and test the speaker leads form there. Although I'm betting thats where the wiring issue is if you have one.

Back