How-To : AWR Rear Mount Install

You'll want to remove the 2 bolts (nuts?) holding down the gold bracket on top of the transmission at the base of the intersection of a couple of fat strands of wires. Once this bracket is unbolted, you can push the fat strands of wires out of the way and gain more access to the mount.

P1004049.jpg

Now the pics get tricky. There is so much stuff in the way, it's hard to get a good angle but here goes. There is some yellow paint near the top nut on the plastic bracket. This is the one that's easy to remove. The hard one is on the underside of this plastic bracket.

P1004047.jpg

Once you have the plastic bracket removed, here's the view down to the mount from on top. As you can see, there's lots of stuff in the way. The mount is the bright gold piece and you can see the 2 back nuts. You will have to fish the socket and swivel behind some of the hoses along the firewall in order to keep the swivel as straight as possible and put good torque on those nuts.

P1004050.jpg

Last edited:
I read a while back that you had pick up the engine a little to take the weight of f the bolt, or is that for the front mount? Good write up by the way.

I replaced my front mount without jacking up the engine. Just jiggled it a bit by hand, it's not that hard.

Edit: um, i guess i misread that post, nevermind.

Last edited:
MetalSpeed said:
I read a while back that you had pick up the engine a little to take the weight of f the bolt, or is that for the front mount? Good write up by the way.
yes, you should put a jack under the engine (oil pan/trans - use a 2x4 across them for protection) and lift the engine just enought to take the weight off the single long bolt which goes through the mount itself. this will make it easier to slide the long bolt out.

no jack needed for the front mount - there is barely any weight on that one at rest

need help

Got a problem how do you remove the back bracket that is holding the wire harness??? I took the nut off and it is still snug in there. Will the back one really make a difference? I have the front AWR mount on but that bracket is in my damn way.

Attachments

• 000_0871.JPG
    000_0871.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 776
  • 000_0872.JPG
    000_0872.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 774
There are 2 nuts that you have to get off (aren't there always???). The one underneath is the one that's tough because you can't see it.

Get both of those two off, and then you should disconnect the wire from the plastic harness. You don't need to, but it'll make your life much easier. Cut the electrical tape at the right side. The left side has a snap that has to be undone.

Good luck.

I got the bottom one off from under the car. I pulled off the crossmember to get to it. On my back looking up between the "frame" and the body I could actually see the bottom nut. My 10mm wrench was just long enough to reach the nut by holding the wrench with just the very edge of my finger and thumb tips. It was a PITA but that is the hardest part.

I had just the front AWR 95D mount on for about 3 weeks and when I pulled off the rear stock mount it was ripped.

Well good luck and have fun.

I got it off finaly about hour and half ago. I was a b**** when I put the new mount on do I leave the rubber and metal piece on? Thanks in advance On the long bolt?

I ended up dropping the metal spacer down into the engine bay and couldn't find it. So I put it back together with out the spacer. The bolt has enough threads on it to tighten down. I did leave the rubber grommet on the long bolt just because it came off the stock.

After I got everything back together I found the spacer sitting on the half shaft. I didn't bother undoing everything just to put it back on

rednecks_r_us said:
I ended up dropping the metal spacer down into the engine bay and couldn't find it. So I put it back together with out the spacer. The bolt has enough threads on it to tighten down. I did leave the rubber grommet on the long bolt just because it came off the stock.

After I got everything back together I found the spacer sitting on the half shaft. I didn't bother undoing everything just to put it back on

Thanks so now I can tighten it all down and and see what it feels like to no have wheel hop, I almost said fu** it and just left the stock mount in there but then I am not a person that quits. I think the hardest part of the removal was getting that bracket out of the way. O h and it was a lot eaiser for me to put the 3/8 17mm on the bottom and hold the nut/ put the 1/2 17mm on the topside and take the long bolt out after supporting the engine. tried your way and almost stripped the bolt off. But either way good write up for gar777.(yippy) (guitar)

question,
is everything done from the top?
i mean taking the stock mount off and putting the AWR one on.
or do i need to go under the car as well.?

Dr.Sound said:
question,
is everything done from the top?
i mean taking the stock mount off and putting the AWR one on.
or do i need to go under the car as well.?

I was under the car as well as the top side.

Back