How-To : AWR Rear Mount Install

Honestly if you have the spare change then just have them do it. It's a pain and your success relies on a bit of luck. If you were in Florida I could help ya if you really wanted to do it but maybe someone close to you could.

Called my local stealership and got quoted $80 to do it. I might do it. Only thing holding me back on it is the ability of some dealership mechanics to screw up on the simplest things when you think they couldn't possibly get it wrong.

$80 isn't bad for the pain in can be... But if you enjoy doing stuff like that then go for it. Just make sure you have about 3 feet worth of extensions! And don't strip them!

A lift would def. help if you have access to one. Some have said it's easier to do from the bottom of the car vs. overhead. I cheated and had the mechanic replace mine while he swapped engines. :)

Did all four mounts and it wasn't that bad. I sprayed every bolt with penetrating fluid days in advance. Might be overkill, but i sprayed them twice a day three days prior. All the bolts came off with little fight. As said before, about 3ft of extensions and a 1/2" drive swivel and its pretty easy. Don't know why the two nuts holding the wiring harness are hard? Just know that the bottom one is offset at a slight angle. Also, i used a 12" 3/8 drive breaker bar with a 17mm deep socket to hold the nut that secures the bolt that goes through the mount. I wedged it between exhaust to hold it making sure it didn't require too much torque to get off. Must have been the penetrating fluid and the fact that my car was a Texas car with no rusty bolts.

Was done in three hours for the drivers side mount and rear mount at the same time.

So I did my rear mount replacement today, and I have a problem. One of the three subframe studs - the driver's side rear one - got bungled up on the end, and now I can't get the nut started on it for the reinstall. I don't even know how it happened; the threads on the nut I took off are fine, but for some reason the top 1/8" of the stud is all cross-threaded.

Any advice on how to proceed? I know the answer to this before I even ask, but is the mount okay with only 2 of the 3 nuts reinstalled? It's just frustrating to get so close to completion, and have something like this happen.

I actually just put this in myself thursday. Long story short I had a cpe 70 duro for ~1.5 years, then stock for a while and now AWR 70 duro. The AWR wishbone mount blows the CPE wishbone out of the water.

In the midst of tackling said mount now and yes that stupid plastic railing holding the hose is a pita. That second 10mm, is a douche. I was just wondering because I was on a budget when I bought the mount, mine has like this hook as compared to the awr which seems to have had that piece taken off. Does it serve a purpose or did I dismantle my car for no reason. My pn is I believe 6485

Back