93 Lx Auto Idle Shake Problem.. Vibration Of Dash..

pawel_r

:
93 Mazda Protege Lx
After a couple months of trying to bear with this until I had some extra money I took it into the dealership today.

They told me my car was fine and they found no fault with the rough idle at all.

Apparently all the automatic 92-94 proteges have this issue when they get to a certain point and it is fine and wont affect the car..
I find that hard to believe I know cars since have been equipped with new technology to reduce vibrations..

Im still doing a tune up.. have to rewire the ground as its a bit corroded.. change distributor rotor, and iginiton wires.

Perhaps that will help it a bit... They say no problem with transmission..
I do have an alternator bearing noise and that could go in the next weeks to month or two I dont suppose that would be the cause of the vibration but it could be a compounded problem between old wires.. dying alternator.. etc etc.

this is what im thinking.. there must be a way to get rid of the vibration but at 262000km (i dunno 200ooo miles? ) it would take half the value of the car at least and thats why i was told its normal and to not worry about it.

????? if it was only something less noticeable!!

pawel_r said:
BUMP!!

any insight??

I picked up a repair manual and looked thru the troubleshooting..

Is this a possible vacuum leak or egr valve?? Thats the first causes of rough idling they list..

But i see my engine jump when i put the car into reverse.. and it shakes the whole car pretty brutally. Is this a mount issue?? bushings? etc? The mounts dont look that bad.. i had 1 of them replaced.. rear one.. is brand new.

In drive it only vibrates it when i go below 900 or so rpms.. so idling.. or when i slow down to almost 0

no it is not the pvc.. we changed that valve one of the first things i did (since its cheap) to try to get to this problem.

egr is a better possibility..

BUT note : this is only when the car is in Reverse or Drive! thats the only time it shakes/vibrates and the shifting is jerky and loud into reverse.. and not normal back into drive either..

Back