LinuxRacr's Haltech E6X Log..

mmm, power. cant wait for some results. hopefully linux will have most if not all the problems taken care of now. It's about time for this pioneer.
Soo, it came from columbia eh? soo, anything else come with this?
DSCF0667.JPG

lol

LMAO!!!!

Vindication, most of the issues with my car were because of the mileage on it. This is really and upgrade, not a problem fixer. The problems were already fixed. If there are still problems, this standalone wouldn't fix them!

Last edited:
Ahamad kept taking pictures, and the flash was bothering me, so I threatened him with the wire cutters...
normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20005.jpg

LinuxRacr said:
Ahamad kept taking pictures, and the flash was bothering me, so I threatened him with the wire cutters...
normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20005.jpg

Bwahahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that pic... "stop taking pictures of me man, or I'll CUT(ter) ya". :)

This one wins though...

Rich: "what the hell does that little box thing do pat?"
Pat:
normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20012.jpg

Started, and runs, but...

That's right, it started up on the 1st try!! It ran rich as hell until Juan over the phone told us how to adjust the fuel map. Ahamad made the changes. After we got it running smoother, we drove around the corner to the gas station to getr some gas. While driving around doing some mile tuning, I noticed a nice sputtering-pop that kind of eractically. The more I drove, the worse it got. I drove the car home all the way to Arlington with this lean pop sputter. The A/F ratio's were well in the safe range, and I didn't boost. The thing that was interesting is that my Passport 8500 was reporting voltage reading higher than I've ever seen...like as steady 15 volts, spiking to 16 volts wich brought on the high voltage warning. I couldn't step on it. Monitoring the Haltech Gauges, I notice that when a pop was big enough, the RPM's would jump to redline and back down, while the stock Tach was steady. Everytime I would step on the gas, and bring the revs up on the highway, the high voltage alarm would come on. Why is my voltage so high?

Last edited:
i have never gotten reading of over 14 volts on my own battery. my haltech is wired to a relay. the relay is connected to the ignition wire and the battery wire. the ignition wire provides initial power and then the relay kicks over to the battery to power the haltech. we also opened the screw on the throttle body a turn or two which will help.

LinuxRacr said:
The verdict is in... Could the issue possibly be a relay is missing?

Linux, is the shielded grey wire (trigger wire) hooked into the stock crank trigger in the engine bay by the conector? Or did you tap it by the stock ECU wiring.
It seams like electronic noise.

crank%20trigger%20conection.JPG

Yeah, the trigger was hooked up right there. I will have to check and see about the other wires going into the stock ECU.

Hmmm... I'd haev to say look along the same lines as what Juan just indicated... did you confirm that you matched the polarities of the crank sensors exactly when you paralleled them? You could be mucking it up a little there... if your voltage is really getting that high the voltage regulator in the ECU is freaking out and over driving the alternator... that being the case your alternator won't have long to live.

also check the IAT sensor... the stock puter uses that for determine voltage drive..

ALSO, make sure the battery sense wire has a good connection... it may be overdriving because it thinks the voltages are dropping when they aren't... I'll have to find that pin number for you... I have it around somewhere (check the "wiring your EMS" thread.. it may be in there).

Latest posts

Back