Just Curious.....

bigj884

:
Mazda Protege 5
i was just wondering when you have something modified on you car would it be best to notify you insurance company of the modifications....that way if your ever in a wreck you can have them replace it.......or will they just replace it any way without notification...... (bike)

if you do let them know will they jack up your insurance?

ive never done it. but i've read that unless you insure the aftermarket parts, they will NOT be covered in an accident; they will be replaced with OEM parts. however, if u notify your insurance they will insure the aftermarket parts, but will charge more. how much more? i have no idea.

I have an insurance policy on the stereo equipment in both my camaro and protege5. I pay around 45 a month to insure my system in my camaro. (valued at $6k) So its not too bad, but body kits and stuff like that, well tuff crap, you get nothing. If you get into an accident and you have say a Buddy Club front end and it gets mangled, they'll give you $242 for a factory bumper cover, thats about half the cost of the BC front bumper cover.

Latest posts

Back