2005 Mazda6 S Sedan

XRAY111

I am new to this forum and I am thinking about purchasing the 2005 Mazda6 S Sadan. Everything I have read has been very positve. I was also looking at the RX8. Any thoughts on a comparision between both cars?

welcome! it really depends on what kind of driving you want to do.. if you're looking for an everyday workhorse, the 6 is probably your best bet as it has a less harsh ride, its more comfortable, and gets better mileage. Weather is also a concern. If you live in a warm climate where weather isn't an issue, and you want a car with outstanding handling and a little zip to boot, you may want to look at an rx. I've driven both, and for day to day driving I'd lean towards the 6. The rx is a little noisy and is a little rough for the daly commute. It's still a heck of a lot of fun though!!!

Make sure to test drive, test drive, test drive, and then test drive again. Don't limit yourself to one car! Test driving a group of cars is part of the fun of getting a new one. Bring a friend (to avoid dealer ambush) and make a day of it.

Other vehicles to check out...

Acura TSX
Mazda3
Mazda rx8
Subaru Legacy 2.5 Sedan
Honda Accord (the 6 spd coupe is great)
Nissan Altima (drive this and the 6 back to back, you'll laugh your ass off)
Pontiac G6 (Another one to throw in for comparison)
Subaru WRX
Mitsu Evo
Dodge SRT-4 Neon (yes I know its cheap, but if they let you test drive its fun!)
05 Mustang GT (Hot, cheap, rwd, powah!)

Heck the list goes on and on. Seriously, make a day of it, it'll be fun. Even if you don't like the looks of the car, test them out anyway. It really helps you appreciate the better models. And when you finally make your decision, you'll know you looked at everything, and won't have doubts.

Nothing worse then someone walking into a dealership, taking a 5 min test drive, then buying the car. You'll never know what else you missed!

Back