Questions.. re:Idle Speed.. Vibrations..

pawel_r

:
93 Mazda Protege Lx
My |-| key doesnt work so all of em will be a * for t*is post

im driving a 1.8l so*c.. 93 protege

for the longest time ive been *avin problems wit* da vibration on idle.. especially in reverse.

one of my friends tackled t*e problem.. and *e found t*at my spark plug gaps were off spec is .43 and it was at .32 .. also did a T*rottle body clean.. and cleaned t*e distributor cap..

And tada.. T*e vibration went away! almost.. like its very subtle and I can live with it

But.. wut we noticed was t*at te idle speed is at like almost 1 now and over 1 in neutral..

*es not sure Y.. but says it prolly got to be adjusted back.. And da s*akin mite come back..

didnt *ave time to adjust my idle speed until in a couple of days.. Is it ok to drive like t*is.. For sure its awesome for me cuz da prob is not t*ere anymore but also i dont t*ink its good for te idle speed to be < it s*ould

damn keyboards!!!! sorry ..

pawel_r said:
My |-| key doesnt work so all of em will be a * for t*is post

damn keyboards!!!! sorry ..

i was first like, "what the hell is this kid smoking........?"

sorry for your keyboard.....

idle a little above 1k should not be that bad. Do you have a clean air filter, fuel filter, good wires? cold weather could be causing a higher idle speed?

the car is 12 yrs old and could be many things? hey if it is running okay and getting good milage i would not worry about it.....

Last edited:
Protege52003 said:
i was first like, "what the hell is this kid smoking........?"

sorry for your keyboard.....

idle a little above 1k should not be that bad. Do you have a clean air filter, fuel filter, good wires? cold weather could be causing a higher idle speed?

the car is 12 yrs old and could be many things? hey if it is running okay and getting good milage i would not worry about it.....

Da wires are not very good.. it was a bit corroded inside da cap..
air filter and fuel filter are fine..
i got a new rear mount.. w*ic* i prolly didnt need but anyways.. doesnt matter now.

i believe idle was at about 800 and now its just at 1000 even give or take.. i dont know if da tune up stuff we did made da vibration go away.. or cuz da idle speed c*anged.. any*ow its nice to be able to stop at a lite and not have to put da car in neutral cuz da w*ole das*board and steering weel is s*akin'..

here's a thought, take this ( h ), CTRL-C, and CTRL-V whenever you need an h, as easy as shift-8 and tons easier for those who are reading your posts :D

Idle should be at 750 while the engine is warm.

There is a screw near the throttle body to adjust the idle. First, you need to take a wire and jump the TEN and GND pin under the diagnostic connector.

Once that is done, turn off the radio, A/C, headlights, etc. Then turn the screw until the car is idling at 750rpm. When you're done, you can unhook the connector between GND and TEN.

Somebody probably turned the screw to make the idle go up when the car was really just running poorly.

I have mine idling at 800-900 to help smooth out the stiffer engine mount. if it's over 950 I get a CEL :\

Check out my blog!!
http://durrrrr.blogspot.com/

aflac_1.jpg

Back