I think I found a way to get rid of the clunk permanently...

BS1 said:
I'm gonna try Louis' fix and use anti-seize compound as a lubricant instead of grease - it shouldn't migrate as much.

what is anti-seize compound?? i have the fix in this thread an im still without the clunk. I also apply a good amount of silicone grease on the bushing. I also have the tape around my bar that the dealer put on.

I think Spool or another one of the companies that sells Mazda parts should just manufacture new MSP/MP3 endlinks that are the proper size so that the clunk never develops. I'm sure nearly everyone on here would buy them...it's an untapped market waiting for someone with the resources to make it happen.

awr already has upgraded endlinks, Someone tried them with the stock sway bar and still got a clunk.

damn this sucks.

I'm so sick of it. The other night, I farted in my car and it clunked...

scott42 said:
damn this sucks.

I'm so sick of it. The other night, I farted in my car and it clunked...

lol (rofl) , try doing the fix from this thread. I really surprised how long it has beensince i heard a clunk.

raising up the thread

Hey all, I know this thread has been dormant for a while but I think I have some info to contribute.

I just started klunking this fall of '05. I have a P5 with a rear racing beat bar mounted using stock but hogged out rubber bushings, stock horse shoe bushing brackets which are bolted to awr sub frame adapter brackets.

I also have awr endlinks, tokico hp struts and espelir springs. I installed this entire suspension setup this spring at about 40,000 miles. Now with just over 50,000 and after traveling accross the country - I have developed a klunk on the rear passanger side.

I'm going to try this fix and hopfully it works. Needless to say it's a horrible noise to deal with so something must be done.

apocman you are so LLUUCCKKYY!

i read up on all the klunk business and the Delsing Fix is bomber. I saw the racing beat bracket fix too but it's not as robust as having an additional lateral support bracket like the Delsing kit has.

Right now I don't have any extra cash to throw at it so I'm just going to try the fix posted in this thread and just keep her lubed up enough.

Eventually though I would like to get the Delsing Fix. If I'm not able to source one on the forums then I would hire a fabricator to duplicate it. I wonder if he as any formal plans drawn up in CAD or even on paper - that he's willing to share with the public... Wouldn't it be rad if he posted the plans on mazda forums. Maybe we can convince him!?

yea he is selling the plans cheap, all they would have to do is get the plans and set them up on the machines and produce...

Back