mazda avp lease & are any members in mazda sales?

is anybody familiar with mazda's 'avp' lease? i was at a dealer checking out a 3s hatch and he says mazda has put together a new type of lease (described below).

the leasing company (mazda) is now registering leased cars under the customer's name. previously (and in all all leases), the car is registered under the leasing company's name (because they own the car in a lease) which opens them up to litigation in the event of an accident. anybody heard of this?

also, the different parts of the lease make me think mazda doesn't have much hope in the 3's maintaining any value. the dealer said the car only retains 46% original value (36mo, 15k/yr lease). he is also being very ambiguous in disclosing the money factor or apr.

i have no qualms in getting a good deal on a lease transaction, i'm more concerned about this avp lease.

I work at a Mazda dealership. I posted in your other AVP thread..I think in the 6 section. AVP is a great way to make cheap payments on a car with no penalty. The 3 will hold it's value...it has much critical acclaim and is a reliable, foreign car. I have not seen one used Mazda 3 anywhere since they have been released as well. And it is very common for me to see cars of all makes/models turned in with less than 10/20k on them.

Back