Microtech Library

03MSP said:
440's won't get you 16 psi on that, at least not at a comfortable AF ratio.

As for the 550's @ ~18 psi, I really don't know, but it isn't going to be a "sure thing" as I said before, I was just talking as if it were me (little turbo).

I'm running 15-16 PSI on my 460cc injectors, at close to a 50% duty cycle. This is with the GT-28RS. I will do another run to verify if that is what I remember..

LinuxRacr said:
I'm running 15-16 PSI on my 460cc injectors, at close to a 50% duty cycle. This is with the GT-28RS. I will do another run to verify if that is what I remember..

Wow, what AF ratio? at ~15 psi on the T25 with low 11's A/F I maxed my 440's (like I said before for a --very-- short time near redline).

I may be overestimating the impact of larger turbos on fuel demands. But still, a 50% duty cycle for you when I hit 100% (assuming that's what Microtech's "Max Duty" warning means).

The MT Max Duty I think is set for like 80% or 90%... so there is headroom after that...

I run my 550's and am pretty low on duty cycle up top as well, but I also have my fuel pressure up a about 15-20 psi above stock etc... so it all depends. I know on stock injectors on a T25/T28 hybrid that we got to 14 psi and 260 whp without much trouble.

03MSP said:
Wow, what AF ratio? at ~15 psi on the T25 with low 11's A/F I maxed my 440's (like I said before for a --very-- short time near redline).

I may be overestimating the impact of larger turbos on fuel demands. But still, a 50% duty cycle for you when I hit 100% (assuming that's what Microtech's "Max Duty" warning means).

Well, I'm changing my out my TechEdge version 1.5 wideband for an AEM UEGO Controller Gauge today. I think the 5-wire on my TechEdge has reached end of life after 4 years of hard service, and about 100K miles. We will see.

I'm running the Walbro pump as well, not sure if it bumps the presure much, but my fuel pressure gauge said that with my FMU it jumped up to around 90psi under boost.

TurfBurn said:
The MT Max Duty I think is set for like 80% or 90%... so there is headroom after that...

Ah ok, that makes me feel a bit better.

I would never worry much about when the unit hits max duty cycle or you get there... as long as your AFR's stay clean you should generally speaking be okay.

I usually set my AFR's for about 11.8 to 12.2. Then timing is compensated relative to that. When I was on the dyno last time though, I had to go to about 10:1 to be able to get it to hold 18 psi and I had pushed the timing so far retarded at that level that it made about the same power as it made at 16 psi where the AFR and timing were better... so it's all about balancing the two. You will usually gain more power from better timing than you will from better AFR's though... so all depends!

TurfBurn said:
I would never worry much about when the unit hits max duty cycle or you get there... as long as your AFR's stay clean you should generally speaking be okay.

I usually set my AFR's for about 11.8 to 12.2. Then timing is compensated relative to that. When I was on the dyno last time though, I had to go to about 10:1 to be able to get it to hold 18 psi and I had pushed the timing so far retarded at that level that it made about the same power as it made at 16 psi where the AFR and timing were better... so it's all about balancing the two. You will usually gain more power from better timing than you will from better AFR's though... so all depends!

Yeah I know I am running more rich than I need to be, but I do not have any knock sensing unit (at least that I can see readouts from) so I don't want to push my luck.

khaosman said:
What map should I use as baseline with my LT8s? The one in post #43? http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2884322&postcount=43

My setup listed here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123660552

Is your motor stock? That's my map in post #43, and it's a pretty good starting point. If you're on stock injectors, you should be able to use that and adjust the MixTrm value until AFRs look good and should be fine to drive and tune. Be careful running very high boost. I blew my motor yesterday, but I was running 15 psi on the stock motor - I suppose I should have known better, but now this forces me to put a built block in the car. Good luck.

osu1steve said:
Is your motor stock? That's my map in post #43, and it's a pretty good starting point. If you're on stock injectors, you should be able to use that and adjust the MixTrm value until AFRs look good and should be fine to drive and tune. Be careful running very high boost. I blew my motor yesterday, but I was running 15 psi on the stock motor - I suppose I should have known better, but now this forces me to put a built block in the car. Good luck.

Yep, stock injectors and stock motor. I'm planning 8psi until I can afford to get a spare motor and some rods/injectors.

hehe 15psi... I bet that was fun though (up until blowing) :D

Ok so this migh not be directly related to maps, but. How many of you guys have issues with starting your car in the cold. I didnt think it would be a pain starting my car when its 30 degrees outside.

I had a hell of a time starting my car when temps started getting below freezing. I kept the stock injectors in so I could go to the stock ECU if it was too cold ... what I found was it was a lot easier to start with much larger injectors in. I think the Microtech has a ceiling for injector output that doesn't allow enough fuel dump for such cold temps, cause I put in 550's and jacked up the output and it was just fine. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

03.5MSP said:
Ok so this migh not be directly related to maps, but. How many of you guys have issues with starting your car in the cold. I didnt think it would be a pain starting my car when its 30 degrees outside.

osu1steve said:
I had a hell of a time starting my car when temps started getting below freezing. I kept the stock injectors in so I could go to the stock ECU if it was too cold ... what I found was it was a lot easier to start with much larger injectors in. I think the Microtech has a ceiling for injector output that doesn't allow enough fuel dump for such cold temps, cause I put in 550's and jacked up the output and it was just fine. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

Thanks, i appreciate your input. The reason I ask is because my car will be a daily driver and here in Philadelphia, temps do go down to freezing in the winter. I will be running 440cc injectors so i hope that will help. I will be installing my Microtech this May so ill have the whole summer to figure something out.

If anyone has more sugesstions or just input please post, I hop that it will help more people using the Microtech.

03.5MSP said:

I can start my car in the cold, takes just slightly longer than when it is warm outside or the engine is warm. The problem I have is that it idles rough until the engine warms up a bit. I don't have the Microtech controlling my IAC though so that could be a problem.

I'm running 440's and have it tuned pretty well for them, I know I said I'd have the maps up a while ago but I'm busy and lazy. I will get them up soon though...

03MSP said:
I can start my car in the cold, takes just slightly longer than when it is warm outside or the engine is warm. The problem I have is that it idles rough until the engine warms up a bit. I don't have the Microtech controlling my IAC though so that could be a problem.

I'm running 440's and have it tuned pretty well for them, I know I said I'd have the maps up a while ago but I'm busy and lazy. I will get them up soon though...

Busy and lazy? How do those go together?!? Have you ever run on the stock injectors? If so, how was cold startup?

It was interesting for me, because with the stock injectors, the engine would crank over and start to come to life for just a moment and then die. 2nd try ... fire right up almost every time. I got the impression that there just wasn't quite enough fuel and the first attempt to start was just 'priming the pump.' But I couldn't increase the fuel output for start because it was at the limit ... put the 550's in and jacked up the amount of fuel and she fired right away. Does that make any sense?

osu1steve said:
Busy and lazy? How do those go together?!? Have you ever run on the stock injectors? If so, how was cold startup?

It was interesting for me, because with the stock injectors, the engine would crank over and start to come to life for just a moment and then die. 2nd try ... fire right up almost every time. I got the impression that there just wasn't quite enough fuel and the first attempt to start was just 'priming the pump.' But I couldn't increase the fuel output for start because it was at the limit ... put the 550's in and jacked up the amount of fuel and she fired right away. Does that make any sense?
That sounds good. Talking to steve, it seems that start up issues are more noticable with stock injectors. Im hoping that i will have less issues with my 440's. Microtech should be arriving in a week or two.

Latest posts

Back