Microtech Library

03MSP said:
Ah, I was reading the mods you listed in post 30, said you were going to use a T-25.

I'd throw in the 440's. You could probably get away with the stock injectors but there really is no reason not to use the bigger ones especially if you already have them. I'll get the maps up here in a couple of days.
yeah, I ended up upgrading :)

This data is an update to the map & correction factors I posted in post #22. This works really well, except startup when it's really cold ... oh, and when the stock injectors are running max duty cycle and still not dumping enough fuel!! (naughty)

Attachments

• base_inj_map_1227.xls
    130 KB · Views: 333
So when I buy a Microtech, I can jsut load one of these base maps and the car will fire right up so I can get to the dyno?

Maxx Mazda said:
So when I buy a Microtech, I can jsut load one of these base maps and the car will fire right up so I can get to the dyno?

Yeah, even the map it comes shipped with will start you up, it's just really rich.

Do you get to keep the stock temp gauge working? I heard it goes dead with the microtech...

Maxx Mazda said:
Do you get to keep the stock temp gauge working? I heard it goes dead with the microtech...
It's my understanding that the new(er) ones have solved this - at least the instructions to mine show that they have ;) There is separate auxiliary sensor that your stock temp sensor gets a reading from ...

Maxx Mazda said:

You hook the stock sensor up to the Microtech, you are given an extra sensor to install to hook back up to your stock wiring to keep the gauge working. I personally haven't put it in yet, but you cannot have both the stock ECU and the Microtech hooked to the stock sensor.

Sweet, so how do you guys like the microtech on the whole? I'm jsut worried about initial setup, but if the base map gets me running to the dyno shop, I'm happy!

I love it. It was my first major soldering job and I installed it in a couple hours with no problems. I've never taken it to a dyno and have never tuned a car on my own before, took it on the street and it's holding a straight A/F ratio to redline under WOT. Cruising AF's I just made small changes to as time went on and came to a good solid tune in that area as well.

The main thing I love about it is that you can tune on the fly. I don't know about other EMS for our cars but on the Hondata after you make changes to the maps you have to upload them to the ECU which may kill your engine depending on how much you've changed.

It's straightforward and easy to use and I don't regret the purchase at all.

How much bosot are you running on the 440's? That's what I'm gonan run but I'm thinking once I get up around 16psi, they're maxed. What's your experience? Do you have MSN?

03MSP, you should come up to Des Moines in March and help me with my Microtech and turbo install :D

Maxx Mazda said:
How much bosot are you running on the 440's? That's what I'm gonan run but I'm thinking once I get up around 16psi, they're maxed. What's your experience? Do you have MSN?

I am running about 15 psi on the stocker and the 440's were maxed for one datalogging unit of time near redline (one datalog unit of time is some fraction of a second) so yeah they are pretty much at their limit around that psi. I had it tuned pretty rich up there so I just took it down a notch and they aren't maxing anymore but are obviously close.

Sorry no MSN, not at home anymore either :(

Khaosman said:
03MSP, you should come up to Des Moines in March and help me with my Microtech and turbo install :D

Actually I am going to Des Moines in April for the midwest Mazda meet, have you heard about that? Anyway, I'm up for helping ya as long as I'm not busy :)

So even something like 550's would be more than sufficient for like 18psi then...

03MSP said:
Actually I am going to Des Moines in April for the midwest Mazda meet, have you heard about that? Anyway, I'm up for helping ya as long as I'm not busy :)

I haven't heard anything about it--link to it? I just put in my request for time off, March 11-18. Hopefully that will allow plenty of time to install the MSP turbo stuff, wire the Microtech, and getting her to run nice for the first autox of the year on the 18th. Oh, and it better be at least above freezing by then!

Maxx Mazda said:
So even something like 550's would be more than sufficient for like 18psi then...

I've used the stock injectors up to around 12-14 psi or so ... that's where they start to run out (and I believe they are 280cc at stock fuel pressure??). I slapped in the 550 setup and had massive fuel dump. I can only assume they will have no problem there. You should ping Steve (NSN Motorsports) - he's the one who sold me the 550 setup, and I believe he's used the same setup to run 19-20 psi or so. I think you'll be fine with that.

To chime in on one of your previous questions, I love my Microtech setup!! It is REALLY easy to make adjustments to your fuel map on the fly. It's amazing how much fuel delivery can be optimized with the Microtech. The stock ECU does a fantastic job with smooth operation for all drivers in all climates and even mildly modded cars, but it robs the car of power in order to operate with margin. Once you put the Microtech in and unleash some extra power, you'll never want to go back!

khaosman said:
I haven't heard anything about it--link to it? I just put in my request for time off, March 11-18. Hopefully that will allow plenty of time to install the MSP turbo stuff, wire the Microtech, and getting her to run nice for the first autox of the year on the 18th. Oh, and it better be at least above freezing by then!

I actualy just heard about it on a local car forum. I'll PM you some info as I get it.

Maxx:

550's would easily support 18 psi. Like I said, I was running pretty rich up top just to be safe so I don't think there will be a problem there.

My stockers on my tune were maxing from 5500+ at 12 psi...once again I was shooting for mid to low 11 ratios so it was a bit more conservative than needed.

edit: Maxx are you running the T-25?

Maxx Mazda said:
Nope. T3 60 trim, w/ Turbonetics Stage III wheels.

440's won't get you 16 psi on that, at least not at a comfortable AF ratio.

As for the 550's @ ~18 psi, I really don't know, but it isn't going to be a "sure thing" as I said before, I was just talking as if it were me (little turbo).

Last edited:
Back