Microtech Library

although my process is slower going than all of you, i hope to have some maps soon. protegegarage just keeps me very busy.

Here's my contribution ... fuel map only, for stock injectors. This works really well for me (a couple spots here and there to work out). Still working on cold start-up stuff, and Aux settings etc. - I'll get other parameters up soon. Mods are GHL 3" TB exhaust, upgraded TurboHoses SMIC, Injec CAI, modified Intake mani (VTCS removed, ported out) ... I think that's about all that is pertinent to the fuel curve.

Attachments

• stock_inj_fuel.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 368
I am going to purchase a micro tech unit but I do not know anything about ems. when I install it would I be able to just drive off or would it need tuning? if I need to tune it would it be as easy as downloading some maps taking it out to my car and plugging it in?. also would my laptop need to be in my car at all times? is there much difference between the lt8 and the lt10 that it would be worth spending more money on? thnks for any help.

Depending on how close your car is to some of the settings we have will determine that. 90% of the people that install will be able to start and get out on the road... but it definitely will not be a great tune or perfectly smooth... driveable, but not great. You do not need the laptop in the car all the time. After it is tuned you won't need the laptop anymore.

We recommend the LT10 usually because it allows for more options in the long run, and the wideband logging is very very useful, but plenty get by on the LT8.

Later!

Steve

The tune may not be great at first ... as Steve said, driveable, but not great. In my own opinion, it is a pretty quick process to get it dialed in to better than drivable. Obviously it takes a little persistance if you want the tune perfect, but once you're familiar with the software, it didn't take much time to get it tuned better than the Mazda ECU for cruising and hard accel.

I talked to you about this ... if you recall, we met up to exchange that A-pillar over in Princeton. If you are serious about this install, I'd be more than happy to help you with the install and tuning process - just shoot me a PM.

mazdaspeedwerx said:
I am going to purchase a micro tech unit but I do not know anything about ems. when I install it would I be able to just drive off or would it need tuning? if I need to tune it would it be as easy as downloading some maps taking it out to my car and plugging it in?. also would my laptop need to be in my car at all times? is there much difference between the lt8 and the lt10 that it would be worth spending more money on? thnks for any help.

yes acutally I do remember. you are the one that got me hooked on micro tech. I think I will buy one. turfburn emailed me with an explantion and the lt 10 is the route that I will be going. when I get it I will definitly pm you

I see a lot of MSP owners here using the Microtech. How about boosted P5's?
What's the general consensus on this EMS for them?

Thanks,
Mark

We have a fair number of P5's running it as well.. dunno if they are less vocal or what, but definitely a batch of them out there!

later,

Steve

i'll be purchasing an LT-10 next week. I'll use it first for my NA car (SRI, 4-2-1 exhaust header, high flow cat, RB exhaust). Which map would you suggest to use?

Later on (november-ish) I'll be doing my turbo install. Injen, turbohoses hard pipes and SMIC, thermal spacers, single runner IM, GT25R, MSP exhaust manifold, MSP s-pipe, Vibrant 3" exhaust. I'll probably have 440cc injectors, also. Which map would you suggest for this setup?

well, it's been nearly 3mo. I didn't install it w/ my NA mods. I'll be installing it after the turbo goes in. I'm using the MSP ECU just to get the car started, then later installing the LT-10.

I have my parts listed in post #30. What would be a good map to start off with for the turbo?

Rogue did you install the Microtech yet? If not I can copy down my maps. As long as your using 440's my maps should be a very good starting point for you I would think.

03MSP said:
Rogue did you install the Microtech yet? If not I can copy down my maps. As long as your using 440's my maps should be a very good starting point for you I would think.

you should post those maps. i'll be needing those eventually as i have 440 injectors too.

ctt 1982 said:
you should post those maps. i'll be needing those eventually as i have 440 injectors too.

Yeah I'll get those on here. Only thing I have to iron out is the lower psi settings, they are set pretty rich since I don't run lower than 11-12 usually.

if i only plan on running 7-8psi, do I need to put in my 440cc injectors when I do the Microtech?

Rogue said:
if i only plan on running 7-8psi, do I need to put in my 440cc injectors when I do the Microtech?

Nope, stockers will keep you good and rich until 10-11 psi on the T-25. If you plan on going for more later on however I would suggest putting in the 440's, it will save you the time of redoing all the fuel maps down the road.

Rogue said:
i'm not running the T25. I have a GT28R (not the disco potato)

Ah, I was reading the mods you listed in post 30, said you were going to use a T-25.

I'd throw in the 440's. You could probably get away with the stock injectors but there really is no reason not to use the bigger ones especially if you already have them. I'll get the maps up here in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back