Microtech Library

You need coils that have their own charging system that is activated by negative connection. Or you need positively activated coils that are able to run with the microtech x4 ignitor box.

I'd check and see what microtech is selling on their site.

when cranking..... injectors 1,2 and 3,4 fire together in pairs. Is this due to pump1 settings or is this ecu fried?

also during the "test on" the injectors do not pulse, MT states they should, but I have read on here that someone else found that they did not pulse. Is this normal for our cars then?

I was pretty sure that mine did on test. how do you have the injectors wired? You should have sequential fuel where each opens sepeartely. My car is in pieces so I have no way to check right now anyways.

Pump one and two are the throttle tip in settings. So when you blip the throttle it dumps a set amound of extra fuel for a set amout of pulses below a certain rpm, pump two is set above that same rpm and works the same way. Read the manual, then write it out in your own words then read it again. It's not easy to understand but it tells you everything you need to know. Then you just gotta understand what to do where, which I figured out by trial and error.

Best thing to do is search lt10s on google and ready every forum post for every different car you can find on the subject. I spent months trying to figure out how to use it and now my car runs pretty well self tuned. Not as nice as the Cobb map I looked at in a coworker's subbie but well enough with consistent AFRs.

Last edited:
sequential

also if anyone was curious, the late model chevy water temp probe gave a low reading. I hooked up to the stock mazda wt and got a perfect reading.

after talking with the engine shop I discovered the motor got washed down due to other reasons. But still wondering if anyone knows about this pair injecting pattern at start up.

Would just be any other map with fuelling ajusted for injectors...

@iracemine, thought the microtechs ran batch. Ausorion would know for sure though...

No, definitely not batch fire on injectors. While you could use a but of fuel overrun to cool the pistons, running batch fire for injectors wouldn't work.

is the micro tech good enough to run ITB's?

On throttle, it should be fine.
I know that tuning the cold start, hot start and idle maps use the vacuum reading, so that will be the interesting bit. It will depend on how consistent and strong a vac reading you can get off the ITBs (which they are not known for).

Back