Will focus brake pads fit my 3?

mazda3zoom

:
Sweetest Car Ever
ok so heres the problem, my rear brake pads and rotors are shot. the dealership wont do anything about it because i painted my calipers, so i ordered 4 brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors and now i need at least new rear pads for the time. But the dealership wants like $100 for just rear pads and those assholes are sayin that its the spray paint that made them screw up so im not buyin anything from them. anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew if the focus pads would fit the mazda 3?that way i can buy some good aftermarket pads and still spend less then the OE pads from the stealership. any info would be nice. thanks

1. your dealer is a tool
2. ask your dealer what the part number for the brake pads are and if there is a ford part number. most mazda dealers can find that out.
3. call your ford dealer and run the part number by them
4. brake less, downshift more :)

how did you wear out your brakes so fast? even driving like a complete maniac my stock pads and rotors were good to 40,000 miles

Captain KRM P5 said:
how did you wear out your brakes so fast? even driving like a complete maniac my stock pads and rotors were good to 40,000 miles

The Mazda3 eats through rear pads like mad. It's a design flaw but they refuse to admit it, since they usuallly last longer than 12k.

mazda3zoom, is Sesi giving you grief about painted calipers?? Roger should know better than that! You might want to try another dealer. The color of your caliper has absolutely zilch to do with pad and rotor wear.

yeah its sesi giving me stuff about the painted calipers. and i dont know how they got wore out so fast, i dont pull the ebrake while driving (except in the snow a few times, i couldnt resist). and on ptuning.com they have some hawk performance pads for our cars but they are only the fronts....soo. im still in a bind. i went to autozone 2day and looked at some 2003 focus rear pads and they looked close enought but i know they if their not EXACTLY the same thing it could screw sumthin up again. im gonna have to wait till i take off the old pads and then take them in there and compare them to the focus pads i guess. ill be sure to let you guys know if they work out or not. also goldwing- if u know the guy rodger up at sesi maybe u could talk to him for me. lol. because when i took in up there he did come over there and was talkin to me about it and hes the one that said that it was the paint that was causing the brakes to mess up.

Your dealer is being an ass.
Call another dealer.

If that doesn't work, go online and shop the parts at one of the online Mazda dealers....they're a lot cheaper than the locals.

Rosenthal
Trussville
MazdaSouth

They all sell discounted OE parts.

The rear brakes on the 3 wear fast because the actually do some work.
3's all have electronic brakeforce distribution.
It's not unusual for the rears to get dirty faster than the fronts for that reason.

The grooves are a tech issue and their is a service bulletin out on it.
The grooves and maybe the pads should be covered under warranty.
If your dealer doesn't want to help, get the 1-800 number for the Mazda Regional Zone office and complain.

You paid your money, you deserve better treatment.

ok the focus pads are definately not gonna fit our car. maybe the SVT pads will but not the regular forcus pads.

the pads have the ford name right on them so just need to take them off and see if there is a part # on them, yeah should be the svt pads up front though. Don't know about the rear, the rear calipers are smaller on the svt.

mazda3zoom said:
also goldwing- if u know the guy rodger up at sesi maybe u could talk to him for me. lol. because when i took in up there he did come over there and was talkin to me about it and hes the one that said that it was the paint that was causing the brakes to mess up.

I'd like to help you out but they just fu**ed me out of a $1600 body computer repair because I had put in a power tap off the B+ wire at the fuse box. They wouldn't tell me HOW what I did caused the failure, just that they weren't going to warranty it because I had "made modifications". Even the district Mazda rep was singing their tune.

Before anybody starts jumping up and down and hollering "Magnusen-Moss Act", I know all about it. I figure they're going to fight me tooth and nail, so it's not worth the hassle. I just pulled in one of my favors and scored a new computer for the cost of dinner.

I'll tell you this, though: I'm not going back to Sesi for service.

Back