New A1s just arrived --

bonesmp5

:
Protege5
Well they are here and i have to say that they are really beautifull --- i never thought coils could be so pretty -- I'll post Pics in a bit -- :)

i just wanted to share --- WISH me luck that i like them -- other wise they will be for sale :(

sweet man!!!!!!!!!!!
post more pics w/ them on

give us details
How much where from
how long to get

we're like women when it comes to the details!!!!!!!!! (laugh)

well, from what I heard they are pretty harsh for everyday driving but I still would love to have them. I envy you. Wish I had the money for them. But I am quite content with my illuminas and spool springs w/ 21.5mm awr rear swaybar

LOL -- women -- hehehe
i'm not sure when i'll get them on yet -- but i'll keep pics up when i do --
and i bought them from HorsePowerFreaks --- they are local to me :) and it took about 5 weeks or so to get -- i placed my order on 11/29/04 --
it took a little longer because i changed the specs just a little in hopes of getting not such a harsh ride --- and the price was a little orver 1200 -- when you change the specs they charge a few dollors more -- about 70-100 bucks more for the changes --
cable43 said:
sweet man!!!!!!!!!!!
post more pics w/ them on

give us details
How much where from
how long to get

we're like women when it comes to the details!!!!!!!!! (laugh)

i am a coilover newb...thanks

can you adjust dampening too or no?
can you adjust height while still on the car?

Dexter said:
i am a coilover newb...thanks

can you adjust dampening too or no?
can you adjust height while still on the car?
it has a 5 settings for the dampening --
because the main adjustment is on the bottom on the shock -- you would have to undue the spindle turn in then put it back on ---- so No you cant --

I think the spring perch is adjustable as well but probly for fine tuning the height -- not sure but i'll fine out soon :)

im not familar with tokico -- but i think in the front the adjustment is at the bottom and on the top for the rear -- i'll verify when i get back from dinner :)
Dexter said:
where is dampening adjustment thing? is it similar to the adjustable tokicos?

i had no idea it was going to be black --- and im glad it is -- i think it makes them look even Hotter (first)

just finished the install -- to dark to take pics right know and i have to adjust the hight alittle ---- so ill take her for a spin and take pics to tell you all what i think of them :)

A1 are dampening adjustable from the top (standard twin-tube) and the A2 are from the bottom (inverted monotube).

Post some pics when theses babys will be on the car!

The FLT-A1's are 5-Way adjustable and the FLT-A2 are 15-Way adjustable. Rishie at AutoRND has fully tested the FLT-A2 and I must say they are sickening. They probably changed the bottom to black specifically for the US market because of rust. They used to be gold and red 2 years ago, then they changed to silver and purple and now black.

sorry -- changed my mind -- the drop looks sick -- but the ride is WAY too stiff for my taste --- so im putting my stockers back on :(
Damn -- $1200 for 60 mile test drive --- boy was i stupid :( but i had to see for myself i guess ---

another lesson learned the hard way (smash)
Greensleeper said:
A1 are dampening adjustable from the top (standard twin-tube) and the A2 are from the bottom (inverted monotube).

Post some pics when theses babys will be on the car!

yea.. it was very stiff when i first got them but that was a year ago and now it's like nothing because i am so used to it. what are your settings f/r? mine are 3/3 most of the time. sometimes i have it on 5/5 just for the heck of it. haha. they do make the car handle great though

Back