Pics of Protege5 with MSP Springs & Struts

blizzard

:
02 Protg 5
I have tried a search for pictures of people's cars with the MSP spring and strut combo, but I am not having much luck.

I was wondering is someone could post their pics here.

In one of the posts I came across, someone was going back to the stock struts because the rear strut perch was too high on the MSP struts, and gave the car kinda a "raked" look. I wasn't sure if he was running the MSP springs, or another aftermarket spring set. I assume that would make a difference.

Any how, to see a car with this exact set up would be really cool!

Thanks in advance!

fuqAvetec said:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11690

heres my 00dx with MSP springs and OEM replacement kyb gr2's. Notice the front of mine is too high. Macdaddyslomo has MSP springs on stock struts and his is fine. I have never heard of anyone else having this problem, do you know what their S/n was?
i had the problem with the springs where the back end sat REAL low and the front end sat near stock height. i eventually pulled the springs off the car as they never sat right

Link

Captain KRM P5 said:
i had the problem with the springs where the back end sat REAL low and the front end sat near stock height. i eventually pulled the springs off the car as they never sat right

Here's the thread that I was talking about. The very last post by Mackdaddy says that these struts gave the car a raked look.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27910&highlight=msp+struts

What I am thinking is that his Eibach shocks were made specifically for Protege5 struts, then with the higher perch of the MSP struts, the rear end was lifted. With the MSP springs, which most people seem to say lower more in the rear, the MSP struts might just raise the car enough to make it look level. I am not sure, just hypothesizing!! I really want to see pics of the complete set up installed on a Protege5.

Thanks again.

blizzard said:
I really want to see pics of the complete set up installed on a Protege5.
Doing this install tonight.
I'll do before and after pics and measurements. Look for em in the morning!

I've got Sprint springs and MSP struts. Before I put on the MSP struts, my drop was flat, now it's raked w/ the rear higher than the front. I'll try and find some pics showing this. My sig pic is old and needs to be updated. Hopefully, my drop will be flat again after I install my GCs.

Got Mp3 springs on mine, sits low in the back and high in the front. I'm gonna get some Tien H.techs in the spring.

Due to some nasty weather here on the east coast, I had to put off the install for a day or two. Hoping to do it tonight if the weather breaks. Otherwise, Friday is a definite.

Here's a pic of my car the day after we installed the MSP struts. You can sort of see the rake. My only concern w/ using the MSP springs w/ the MSP struts is that the rear of the P5 is heavier than the sedan and that could be an issue.
20040719027.jpg

There is no one who has pics of this exact set-up though?

Here's what I've heard from people:

1) MSP Springs drop the back a little too low.

2) MSP Struts make it looked raked toward the front.

If you were to combine these two things would you not get a fairly even look? I'd really like to see pics!!!

Has anyone actually measured the drop they get with the MSP springs on a Protege5? Has anyone measured the difference in ride-height with the MSP struts with stock springs (or the difference with any shocks for that matter)? Because if the distance from the bottom of the strut to the spring perch is different then this would change the ride height of the car.

Sorry, I just really want a whole suspension set-up, not just springs, but if my car is going to be raked towards the front I am not interested!!!

Cheers.

Im having the same probleme here...

Ive found some RB spirngs for sale.... and I could get some shocks (tokico blues, I beleive?) that came off a MSP for really cheap...

Just wondering if anyone had that setup too ?

No pictures of the car, but here's the setup picture (MSP springs & Tokico struts).

Yes the rear LOOKS lower than the front, but look at the bottom door lines, ________ they are perfectly straight/horizontal/balanced...The Protege5s have lower rear wheel wells that's all.

WiL

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 205
When I had the MSP spring + strut combo, I had the raked look and I still do with Espelir springs + MSP struts.

The attached pic shows the current setup, while the MSP spring + strut combo had the same look while sitting higher.

Attachments

• raked.JPG
    raked.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 608
Placebo,

Your P5 looks pretty good in that pic (first)

I think I just found my setup (thumb) !

placebo said:
When I had the MSP spring + strut combo, I had the raked look and I still do with Espelir springs + MSP struts.

The attached pic shows the current setup, while the MSP spring + strut combo had the same look while sitting higher.

Hey,

I only have a few pics of my car now, and I don't really like how they turned out (the pics - I love how the car has turned out).

There is no way that this car is raked down in the front. It almost looks the other way - however it is NOT raked. Becuase there is considerably more wheel gap in the front it appears this way. I have parked it next to several things which I know to be horizontal and compared - the car definitely sits flat, and I think you can tell that from the images.

I am not sure why there is more wheel gap on the front than on the MSP, but this may be due to the fact that the turbo and intercooler, etc adds a couple of pounds (not a lot but would lower the front a hair).

Other people have mentioned that the Protege5 wheelwells are lower in the back then the sedans, so this may account for part of the look!

Let me know what you think...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Gotta love those god-damned Silverstar bulbs that die after about 4 months...
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Back wheel gap
9.jpg

Front wheel gap
10.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a shot of mine. Im in a incline here, but it gives a idea. RB springs with MSP shocks

Attachments

• IMG_3698800.jpg
    IMG_3698800.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 193

Latest posts

Back