Why I love my P5, a reflection

altspace said:
I always wonder what people are thinking when I drive past someone in a stock P5. Most of the time I wave at other P5 owners as well. Our own little bike club.

I bet whenever I drive past old people in their stock P5s they look over at mine and go "oh god look at that ricemobile, what a pity"

KanseiZM said:
I bet whenever I drive past old people in their stock P5s they look over at mine and go "oh god look at that ricemobile, what a pity"

i know i do!! haha

I was so happy to see this post and to know that I am not the only one in love with my car. LOL! I have had mine since April. I would've never even considered it. I was actually looking at Civics & Lancers (What was I thinking?!). I had just gotten done at Carmax and nothing had caught my eye. I had looked at so many cars trying to find one that "sang" to me. Nothing. As we were leaving the Carmax we drove by the VW dealer because my boyfriend noticed "a little yellow hatchback-type car" in the lot. I figured I'd go check it out. I pulled in and saw it...The angels sang to me! LMFAO! He checked it out and test drove it (it is a 5-speed & I really hadn't had experience driving one). I was in love.

I went home and told my dad about it and he insisted that it was a car owned by a "kid" since it already had the Injen CAI and the Magnaflow muffler & tips. He said not to get it. I dreamed of that damn car all night. I found another one at another Carmax online. I almost went and bought that one for way more money than it was worth. I talked to my boyfriend and he said to take my dad down there to let him look at it. Dad and my brother came with me and they checked out the first one (the price was just too good) thoroughly. My brother drove it and was happy with it. They agreed it was just fine. So, I went in and signed the papers. I had just bought a car that I hadn't even driven yet, but was in love with.

I spent my first week of ownership learning how to drive it. I would go outside just to stare at it. I would point to it out the window and go, "That's MY little yellow car." My boyfriend thought it was cute and my mother thought I was nuts! I just love my car. It is so roomy and it just looks so sporty and fast. I sit and stare at it and think about the new wheels I want to get for it and how I want to get the windows tinted. And I just think of all the fun stuff I can do with my car.

My boyfriend has a '93 Mustang GT and he has never been big on "ricers," but he loves driving my car! LOL! I think he has as much fun as I do driving it. I love when I come out of a store and I can see my car sitting there in that parking lot. I can spot it a mile away. I am not one for yellow cars either, but it just works on my P5. I had to get the yellow one. I live in an apartment complex and I have noticed that there is a black around the corner from me and up front there is someone with a white one with some mods. I never noticed them before but I think it's really cool that there are a couple others right in my own complex.

I took my P5 on my first road trip with it this past weekend. I had to drive to the FL border to get two of my kids (I have three & the youngest lives with me) for the Summer. My boyfriend came with me so he could help me with the driving. I ended up driving the whole way there AND back. I never gave him a chance to drive it! LOL! I was just enjoying the ride so much! And the kids were pretty comfy with all the room and their luggage fit just fine.

I guess...What I am trying to say is...That I just love my P5. :)

gimpo2 said:
yeah i get the same feeling when i pass old folks or soccer moms in their p5's
you gotta blare your exhuast when you go bye them. it'll show them that your car really is slow, lol.

silver03p5 said:
i always have ppl ask me if the familia is a special edition
i had one of the parts guys (at the dealership where i bought my car) try to tell me today that there was a mazdaspeed edition of 'the hatchback'...

I WISH!!!

you know, it's really sad when you know more than the parts/service guys do...

and LilPixie... I think you summed it up perfectly! :)

i had an auto w/ turbo, then i swapped in a manual along with some other things.

back on topic. i love my p5 too

LilPixieMama75 said:
I love when I come out of a store and I can see my car sitting there in the parking lot. I can spot it a mile away. I am not one for yellow cars either, but it just works on my P5.

the parking lot thing is the best part of having a yellow p5. and i was probably the last person on this world who thought my first real car would be yellow...but I've never regretted it!!

Back