Why I love my P5, a reflection

Just hit 36k and owned my P5 longer than any other previous automobile. Like a few have said, I still smile everytime I get into the car, it handles like mad and I park it where it is safe and sound at work... took this picture this afternoon after a quick bath. Tell me you don't smile when you see pictures like this?

-Dean

Attachments

• Gotta_Love_the_p5.JPG
    Gotta_Love_the_p5.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 205
I had this incident when i first went auto crossing with my HoNdaa friends. It was like your car is stock blah blah yore Noob blah blah
And you know what my car ran just as good as their AUTOX hondaas i manged to grab 5th spot between 7 of us.
Today the skepticism is gone and they like to drive it and complement on the fact how solid suspension feels for the car thats 4 years old. (killit) (headbang)

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    505.4 KB · Views: 207
my uncle just bought an audi a3 and he came by to show me. it looks nice inside and out and has higher quality materials, but the p5 has the best hatcback profile ever. if you look at the outlines of other hatchbacks: a3, matrix, spectra5, even the madza3, they don't come close to the right proportions that the p5 has. plus the front dam and side skirts? they look better than what the best bodykit makers offer. sporty without looking ricey.

i'd have to agree with eveyone else: when i'm finished with work and see my baby waiting for me, it puts a smile on my face every time. i'm going to rock my p5 till the wheels fall off.
(alright)

I LOVE THIS F'N CAR/

I live on the 3rd floor.
3AM last night my alarm went off
I went to the window to look ant see what was up.
nothing apparently
but i sat there and looked at my car for about 15 min... though about Buddy Club side skirts, wheels and other things i want to do to it....... I FELL IN LOVE.

There is a "mini midnight club" in the town house next to me.
2006 eclipse
2005 300ZX
2005 RX8

they are always looking my car up and down revving when they see get out of it... but you know what
I'd rather have my P5 sooooooo much more unique to see a hooked up P5 than "Another" Z,RX8,or G35!

I get so many compliments too
I work with a guy who has a TT and he always tells my how much he loves car offered to buy it.

Plus i love the fact that the car was only made for 2 years!

This is a great thread for a new P5 owner like me. Very reassuring. I signed the papers yesterday and I went back to the dealer's today because my son wanted to get a ride in it (great excuse, eh? :) ). It was a fun drive. I can't wait to get it on Wednesday.

When I was out shopping around for my first "real" car, the protege5 was my favorite. It has great handling, road feel, control, and good looks to boot! All my friends like it and think it's fast (in the corners anyway). I'm so glad I didn't buy a Honda, Toyota, or other plain jane econo-box. I love my P5.

Here's to more zoom-zoom'n,
Cheers.gif
cheers!

I knew after the test drive. I test drove a brand new 2005 Mazda3 and was like, "Damn, that was fun" then i saw this little guy on the used lot, asked about it, drove it, and it was AMAZING. Same feeling as the m3 with about half the price tag. I get my car Friday and it's killing me that i have to wait another week.

yay new members of the family! zoom-zoom for everyone!!! *spontaneously bursts out into happy japanese anime-style song and dance or something*

more and more I just can't see myself ever going to another car company.

I love it so much cause it looks fast, sexy, and smooth all at the same time. Which is what I want in a car. Something that has a little pick up, looks great, and still can show up all the civics too

(breakn) .

Is it just me or are the Protege5 owners much happier with their choice of car than the MSP owners in general? I've been doing some thinking, and I think it comes down to why we purchased our cars. I bought my Protege5 because it was a hatchback that looked great and I loved what Mazda stood for as a company.

It seems that MSP owners bought the Mazdaspeed Protege thinking that it would compete with the likes of the WRX but looked much sexier and was cheaper.

I'm satisfied with the performance of my car with just bolt-ons and suspension work, while it seems that MSP owners are blowing engines all the time trying to get the best 1/4 mile times.

zverg said:
Is it just me or are the Protege5 owners much happier with their choice of car than the MSP owners in general? I've been doing some thinking, and I think it comes down to why we purchased our cars. I bought my Protege5 because it was a hatchback that looked great and I loved what Mazda stood for as a company.

It seems that MSP owners bought the Mazdaspeed Protege thinking that it would compete with the likes of the WRX but looked much sexier and was cheaper.

I'm satisfied with the performance of my car with just bolt-ons and suspension work, while it seems that MSP owners are blowing engines all the time trying to get the best 1/4 mile times.

some good points.... (in general of course, ChiMSP seems to be happy with his MSP and matching bike- that b****)

strata has the exact same story as I do. Got rid of an accord, was looking for a 98 240 blah blah blah.

I was looking at autotrader and couldn't decide on any cars i wanted to buy that were in my range. Then it hit me, what about the pro5? So I hit up epinions.com and was really surprised at the results. Once I started calling dealers in my area I realized I was onto something - every dealer that said they had one on autotrader had already sold it the day they got it!! Anyway, eventually I found mine at a volvo dealer here in NoVA took it for a test drive and was hooked.

The handling is what really sold me on this car, even with all the stuff I had done to the accord (H&R OE sport, KYB AGX, ST rear sway bar, front and rear STB's) the pro5 easily out handles the accord. Then there is the practicality - I've already slept comfortably in the back of the car. :D Everyone thought I was crazy when I said I was buying this car, but they've all been turned and I'm really satisfied with this car.

Last edited:
Back