Why I love my P5, a reflection

I was just driving on the highway yesterday and getting on the motor whenever I was merging. Sounded kick ass. Got pushed back a little... just a little. But I didn't care. It was still fun!

LZ
Z

I drive a laser blue 03 protege sedan and man how much i luv this car! Not a fast car, but it looks fast and ... its my baby! someone broke into my car and stole my deck, i was hurt because my baby was hurt!

After 45,000 miles I am still in love with my car. Whenever I open the garage and take a look at my p5, I still can't help but smile. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I get all giddy.

well, having never owned a protege5...BUT..i did "borrow" my friends p5 to go for a spin (miller's :) ) and that car can drive like crazy...espetially now that he has the suspention done..just freakin awesome

i do have a '96 protege which handles better than any of the cars in our family...i know it's a "lower" rank car, but i made that thing do what it was never built/desiged to do (cabpatch)

maybe one day when i can enough money i can experience what yall do everyday

-Alex

I've owned about 10 cars in 15 years, including VW's, Porsche's, Nissan's, Honda's, and Toyota's- and driven many more. The P5 comes in as my 2nd favorite car, behind the Miata I had for 2 years. It just drives the way a car should drive. It feels connected to the road, and when you push it, it tells you whats going on. I find excuses to take it out, and often go the long-way on purpose just to spend more time behind the wheel. Mazda really has nailed the zoom-zoom factor and has made a believer out of me. (thumb)

yeah after I totalled my Accord (R.I.P) I was out looking for a new car and I was down to 2 options ...240sx or a Protege 5....I couldnt find a good conditioned, 5 speed SE edition 240sx...so I picked the protege 5 (The first time I seen a P5 was when a substitute teacher lived near me and in 03 when those came out she came home in a red one and it always stuck with me how awsome it looked, I had always been a fan of wagons and this was perfect..it wasnt bulky, and it wasnt too small (hatchback) it was just right..now I never have driven a 5 speed so this was my first also...so this car means alittle more to me because its my first stick..heh...anyway I love how I walk out and see its awsome Corner-loving stance...the clean as hell front end and when you wash it and give it a good wax, nothing looks prettier its not the fastest thing in the world...but from what I hear..its pretty much begging to be boosted heheh. Also from co workers, who drive mustangs and other all american vehicles I get lots of compliments on it.. MAD LOVE FOR THE P5!!!!

When I first saw the car on the lot, it caught my eye fast. When I took it out for a test drive, i was amazed by how good it handled. Unique look and great car all around.

who can forget how good the laser blue looks right off the lot. No car in existence had that similar color before Mazda came out with it.

Now THAT'S funny!
cable43 said:
I work with a guy who owns a TT roadster. About a mount after I got my P5 I see him in the parking lot he say's:
"Hey, is that new?"

"Yup", I said

"Man that's sharp... is it fast?"

"**** yeah", I says. "You wanna race?"

"I don't know man, it sounds pretty mean" (That was just my injen)

To this day he tells people about my car is rediculouly fast. He's never seen it go over 12MPH in the parking lot.
I love my little Bluebeast!

It does handle incredibly well, great steering response and feel.
And you're right... literally every girl that has seen it says how "cute" it is!
But let's not forget the best thing about the P5: ZOOM-ZOOM!

tranzformer said:
While it might not be the fastest car on the road, I still love my p5:

-Handles like no other
-Great room to fit everything I have ever needed to bring somewhere
-Looks like it is a lot faster than it is
-All the ladies think it is cute
-Gets mistaken for a station wagon, if they only knew
-Good gas mileage
-Whenever I get in the driver seat, I always get the zoom zoom feeling. Dont get that in a lot of cars these days

Well, ive only owned one car before this(a 1975 Dodge Colt) .. so I cant really compare..

But, from all the cars ive ridden in, this is the best feeling. I dont know why, I just love the feeling of my p5

I'm a car nut, and always have been, so my 'dream garage' is constantly changing... but one vehicle that would always have a place is my P5. There are moments - very brief - when I think it might be nice to have something more powerful, but then I look at my car (damn, she looks good) and take her for a drive... Nothing can compare. Period.

My only 'complaint' with the car is the lack of power, which is the concensus of just about everyone, and the fact that the modding bug is so damn hard to get rid of once it's bitten you! lol Like everyone says, I still get a smile on my face when I get behind the wheel and I've never been in another car where I felt so connected to the road or had so much fun driving. Zoom Zoom for life! :D

I love my car like the day I got it 3 years ago! I chose my P5 over a Mustang GT; I thought I'd get a lot of crap from people for that, but everyone says I made a good decision! I think the way the interior looks is way better than most, and I wanted something that not everyone and their mother has.. plus it looks and handles better than the GT did (in my opinion)..

And yes, I still park it in end spots.. and stare at it out of my office window =)

make that rolling sex.. i wanted that for my liscense plate but my dad said "no advertising".. haha

SunnyP5 said:
make that rolling sex.. i wanted that for my liscense plate but my dad said "no advertising".. haha

(lol) Absolutely! Ain't she a beauty? (hump)

Last edited:
Back