2002 P5
While it might not be the fastest car on the road, I still love my p5:

-Handles like no other
-Great room to fit everything I have ever needed to bring somewhere
-Looks like it is a lot faster than it is
-All the ladies think it is cute
-Gets mistaken for a station wagon, if they only knew
-Good gas mileage
-Whenever I get in the driver seat, I always get the zoom zoom feeling. Dont get that in a lot of cars these days

I work with a guy who owns a TT roadster. About a mount after I got my P5 I see him in the parking lot he say's:
"Hey, is that new?"

"Yup", I said

"Man that's sharp... is it fast?"

"**** yeah", I says. "You wanna race?"

"I don't know man, it sounds pretty mean" (That was just my injen)

To this day he tells people about my car is rediculouly fast. He's never seen it go over 12MPH in the parking lot.
I love my little Bluebeast!

tranzformer said:
While it might not be the fastest car on the road, I still love my p5:

-Handles like no other
-Great room to fit everything I have ever needed to bring somewhere
-Looks like it is a lot faster than it is
-All the ladies think it is cute
-Gets mistaken for a station wagon, if they only knew
-Good gas mileage
-Whenever I get in the driver seat, I always get the zoom zoom feeling. Dont get that in a lot of cars these days
hey man, havent seen you post in a while - coming to the afterchristmas christmas party on the 8th?

I like how, people generally think its a new styled car. Every now and then they ask if thats the new Mazda.

I love how it drives. It's a wagon that can take on sports cars on windy roads with the right tires.

I agree, but you must not have had many other cars and must not have much to haul....

The gas milage isn't that great. I had a turbo 2.3L pinto motor that got 28mpg, the same as my pro...and space, I always run out. Though I have two kids.

Can't forget about those HUGE fog lights...3's would look a lot better if they carried those over, but that is what makes our cars so special!

cable43 "Man that's sharp... is it fast?" "I don't know man said:
two good quotes. my PR5 has a good sound and rough feeling when idling and driving. one good quote one of my female friends said one night was,

"man ryan, your car is insane!"

that was with my intake, exhaust, AWR front mount, system and other interior mods. waiting to get some DaveB rings.

Last edited:
I love my P5 because of the handling and the whole excitement of driving it, quite simply. Its just a damn FUN car to drive.

One of the other things I love about our cars though, is that they are obscure enough and rare enough (at least everywhere I've lived) where people don't really know what they are, yet they think its damn sexy when they see it. So the standard reaction is "Whoa...nice car! What is it?", and I kinda like that. I don't want a car that everybody and there brother has, I want it to look great, and be relatively rare as well.
Plus, everyone I've met so far thinks its fast too....and I just go right along with it....;)

i love my p5 cuz its so damn roomy i feel like i could just live in it trunk nice back seats nice :)
o yea plus its so sexy lookin

I love mine just because its not a honda/acura, not that I don't like them I have had two acuras. They're just DIFFERENT. Im going for the JDM look with my car. After I lower it and put some RED Rota GT3's on it I will be done except for some dress up on the inside.

Yeah, I miss my P5 SOOO much. Though we traded it on a "better" car (the RX-8) and though my husband swears I am a freak, I still miss him so much and shed a tear every time I see a P5 come into the shop. I want to buy another one when my miata is paid off...

But as far as why I loved it so, it was the handling. I can remember going on runs with my RX-7 club and wowing the RX guys with how I could throw the P5 thru a corner at speed. Plus, just look:
p5signature_v2.jpg

How can you NOT say that little wagon is sezZy?!

(sig pic just used as prop...)

Men it's thread like this that puts tears in my eye(lol)any protege 5 owner should be proud because our car is one of a kind I see like a an mp5 once a week where I live and thats really cool compare to the acura and honda and all the ricers they always want to race us though god i HATE THAT!
KEEP IT UP PEEPS BOOST THE CONFIDENT OF OUR MP5

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Yeah, I miss my P5 SOOO much. Though we traded it on a "better" car (the RX-8) and though my husband swears I am a freak, I still miss him so much and shed a tear every time I see a P5 come into the shop. I want to buy another one when my miata is paid off...

But as far as why I loved it so, it was the handling. I can remember going on runs with my RX-7 club and wowing the RX guys with how I could throw the P5 thru a corner at speed. Plus, just look:
p5signature_v2.jpg

How can you NOT say that little wagon is sezZy?!

(sig pic just used as prop...)

WOW, I didn't realise the Protege5 is such a unique car up there to you guys. And what amazes me more is that so many of you guys cherish your cars and invest so much money and time into making them special in your own ways!
Down here the 323 Astina(hatch)/Protege(sedan) as it's called was a big seller, and you see them everywhere you go! A very small %age of people here actually modify them, so when I see one that's been give the nice treatment, it really stands out from the grannies and girlies that drive them.
Just to give you an idea, just me and 1 other guy are investing big $$$ into maxing out the 1.8 motor... Oh well, makes it easier for me to hold the title of most powerful NA 1.8 down here atleast!

Take it easy,
Chicaboo.

GordonJ said:
Plus, everyone I've met so far thinks its fast too....and I just go right along with it....;)

when people ride with me they thinks its fast too......i just laugh and say sure...but then i say "you know this car is actually really slow" they just dont know.

Latest posts

Back