1993 mazda 323 2.0l

I have bought a 1993 mazda 323 2.0l and im looking to modify the engine, intercooler and breaks.
I have searched all over to find another mazda like mine with extra work done but cant seem to do so.
If anyone has a mazda 323 like it or knows how easy/difficult/costly its going to be please let me know....
cheers! (blah)

Erm... you mention intercooler, but I don't recall Mazda producing any 2.0 turbo engines, except for the old FE 8V. ???

Aricjm15 said:
93 with a turbo?

the last turbo 323 was the 1988 GTX I thought, and it was a 1.8 liter
Word...well, I think there are some GT's that had turbos...I dunno if they are stock..but I think some might have come turbo..not sure.

Slavetunes: You have a TWO LITER, 1993 323? Did you do the engine swap yourself, or did you buy it from someone who swapped-out the 1.8 liter, SOHC engine from it?

Intercooler? You are running a 2.0 liter, turbo'd BG-body 323? Please tell us how you did that? I know of some people from P.R. that have done it, but I'm interested in some more details.

The 1988-1989 GT and GTX sold in the U.S. came with the 1.6 liter (B6T).

The 1990 - 1994 (?) GTX and GTR, which were sold everywhere else but in the U.S., came with the 1.8 liter (BPT) engines.

Where are you located? It wouldn't be a diesel would it?

BFMRGTX said:
Slavetunes: You have a TWO LITER, 1993 323? Did you do the engine swap yourself, or did you buy it from someone who swapped-out the 1.8 liter, SOHC engine from it?

Intercooler? You are running a 2.0 liter, turbo'd BG-body 323? Please tell us how you did that? I know of some people from P.R. that have done it, but I'm interested in some more details.

The 1988-1989 GT and GTX sold in the U.S. came with the 1.6 liter (B6T).

The 1990 - 1994 (?) GTX and GTR, which were sold everywhere else but in the U.S., came with the 1.8 liter (BPT) engines.

even in Europe they sold the 323 GTR 1.8 turbo..now is the other way around regarding the MSM/MX-5

off topic, is the 323 the same as the protege and familia?

NorwegianMX-5 said:
even in Europe they sold the 323 GTR 1.8 turbo..now is the other way around regarding the MSM/MX-5

off topic, is the 323 the same as the protege and familia?
From what I've seen, Yes. Just depends on where you are located.

Back