YAkima question, who has a yakima steelhead on their factory rack?

MYFBPEX00

ok I know we had soem threads about the roof racks before and unfortunately I was forced to sell my full Yakima cause I needed some cash. I remember someone had some type of yakima mount mounted to there factory rack? Who was it and what parts did you need?

THanks,

Rob

I may be wrong but when I was first looking, Yakima didn't have a rack that mounted to the factory rack. Thule on the other hand does. I purchased this rack back in March and love it. If you are looking at getting a box it will attach directly to the factory rack. I think that basket will as well but I'm not 100% positive.

Thule is way better anyways..I used to fit and sell yakima and thule for my job..and i wouldnt use anything but thule..

AlexMack in another thread said:
Thule has the same options...its called the Fat mouth clamp part #FM-1(29.00USD) it allows you to attach thule 724(89.00USD) and 725(99.00USD) ski and snowboard racks to the factory racks...also they sell both the velo vise 889(140.00USD) and big mouth upright 889xt(149.00USD) bike carriers to fit the factory racks..
http://www.thuleracks.com

<font color="#000080">Good to hear! :) I'll be picking up my Thule big mouth upright rack today so I can haul my downhill MTB... :D</font>

joshyellomp3 said:
I have a yakima on my mp3 and I love it. What are the differences between the yakima the the thule?

thule in my opinion makes better quality and more applications...which are generally cheaper than the yakimas...i ve had both...and i am partial to thule..it all comes down to user preference...but most dealers around my town usually try to push the yakima racks..also the thule big mouth holds a bmx way better than any yakima rack..

Yakima uses what are called "mighty mounts" to attatch to factory racks. They work really well. I've been selling and installing them for over 7 years and have never had an issue.
I do know that Thule also makes a quality product, I have just never been exposed to them. Everyone I know uses Yakima.
Good luck.

It's really dependent on your local area sport shops. Some sell Yakima and some sell Thule. Yakima had a round bar and Thule has a round bar. A lot of their parts look the same. Both awesome products. In fact if anyone is interested in kayaking, the best rack for your boat is a combo of Yakima and Thule parts. Get the Thule H2Go saddles for the front and the Yakima Hully rollers for the rear. You'll be so pleased. Just thought I'd put that out, you know, just FYI.

Whoops....apparently I typed something other than what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't mean to mislead anyone. Sorry again.

Matt

Latest posts

Back