400whp Msp Build UP

Ahh :) Cool! I'll have to keep that in mind. I was intending to have my shop do the stock rework portions of things... but it may be an option as well!

Thanks Nick.

AHHHH, just another reason to have it all done in 1 shop. Those things are nice looking. This makes me want to spend the money even more.

Happy New Year to all picked up my engine from Nick last week looking good waiting on Spec clutch before install are those my heads in pic or Fastlanes. Nick I had that done correct been so long I forgot and by no means was that Nicks fault the Motor has been done so long he almost sold it twice on me HA HA inside joke great to be back on forum and great to have the Mazda bug back in me, looking forward to getting it back on the dyno and on the road.

Packerfan said:
Happy New Year to all picked up my engine from Nick last week looking good waiting on Spec clutch before install are those my heads in pic or Fastlanes. Nick I had that done correct been so long I forgot and by no means was that Nicks fault the Motor has been done so long he almost sold it twice on me HA HA inside joke great to be back on forum and great to have the Mazda bug back in me, looking forward to getting it back on the dyno and on the road.
Hey, it's about time you get it done!!! It's been a while huh? More and more big dog protege's coming this year!

this engine can handle that much power and even more, this has been proven here in PR so..., keep it up!

this is insane...

Last edited:
Yea 400whpwill be insane...and im hopeing the motor will handle the power, but you'll never know till you try, I trust Nick decisions, and I'm glad hes helping me build up one the fastest proteges on the forum. I will be going to the shop tommorow ..to bring down my Ion turbo back...and to look at the new intercooler core that arrived on friday... I will post some new pics tommorow night.
Also this is only part one of the project..once i break the motor in and make sure everything is well Nick will be building up my tranny with a new quiafe lsd, spec clutch, flywheel, and we will probably go with cryo treating everthing else..

Fast lane said:
Also this is only part one of the project..once i break the motor in and make sure everything is well Nick will be building up my tranny with a new quiafe lsd, spec clutch, flywheel, and we will probably go with cryo treating everthing else..
you will need to change the gearing.

400+whp will make you end the 1/4 mile in 5th gear with stock combination.

You might have the most power on the dyno... doesn't mean you get to the end of the quarter mile first. lol

Yeah that could be taken as a challenge...lol

This could be true but we wont know till march....(rlaugh) I'll meet up with you this season which track you go to...

igdrasil,
The gearing was brought up..but i'm not sure what im doing yet?what is the ratio on the cars in PR, also anyone ever try the SR motorsports final drive gears??

BlkZoomZoom said:
You might have the most power on the dyno... doesn't mean you get to the end of the quarter mile first. lol

Yeah that could be taken as a challenge...lol

I'll be at leabonan valley every wednesday, and will be down at englishtown at least once a month... same as the last 2 yrs. lol

I'm really curious to see how well a Protege holds up to that much power. I can hear body creaks on mine and I'm only around 270-280whp.

Personally I think the tranny will be fine as long as you treat it right.

Fast lane said:
igdrasil,
The gearing was brought up..but i'm not sure what im doing yet?what is the ratio on the cars in PR, also anyone ever try the SR motorsports final drive gears??
Ill call him tomorrow, I will take a guess right now its a number like 4.10 if I remember correctly.

And its working...they are pushing way over 500whp and holding with a record of 9.7s @ 145mph but this is a FSDE engine on a 323. So...its a lighter box.

The best P5 Ive ever seen had 427whp with 11.6s on the 1/4 mile with all seats, radio, spare tire...etc.

Both had same transmission combination.

Blkzoom...Your car should be creaking you have the most 1/4 mile runs out of everyone..lol

I wont be bringing my car every week...plus for regular driving i will be in my low boost setting..but i see where your coming from.

Anyway hows your car coming along did you finish porting the head?

Actually I haven't even gone to pick the head back up from being flow tested. I've been working on the exhaust manifold and s-pipe and adding a cut-out directly below the s-pipe. Of course none of those projects are done yet, but at least there started.

I think this saturday (weather permitting) I will be going down to visit your car, lol. I have to get on the ball of ordering the rods and pistons or I'll never get this thing done for May.

Latest posts

Back