400whp Msp Build UP

Yes...tears of JOY! :D

It brings a tear to my eye when I see people getting really serious with their mods and mazdas! The hardcore types are the ones who can help to elevate Mazda's performance image and reputation...I want to see pics and vids!

Keep up the good work (thumb)

THANKS ANTOINE!
I Promise to post more pics and some videos as the progress on the car is made...

Antoine said:
Yes...tears of JOY! :D

It brings a tear to my eye when I see people getting really serious with their mods and mazdas! The hardcore types are the ones who can help to elevate Mazda's performance image and reputation...I want to see pics and vids!

Keep up the good work (thumb)

Fast lane said:
THANKS ANTOINE!
I Promise to post more pics and some videos as the progress on the car is made...
(cool)(cool)(cool)(cool)(cool)(cool)(cool)(cool)

Focus i dont need that ic core, i think me and nick narrowed it down to 2 and im going to order it tommorow.

Thanks ,
Matt

Hey i finally was able to get to the shop... here are afew more pics, as of now the intake mani was ported and polished and the head and exhaust mani is ready to be done, the rods and pistons are out, the motor should be put back together by thursday..and then we have to figure out how were going to set up the new intercooler, along with the fans.

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 1,529
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 477
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 493
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 483
the New Oliver Rods and Cp pistons are in, and my Ion turbo back should be here tommorow?!?!?its about ten mins from my house but DHL was closed by the time i got back fromthe shop

Heres a pics of the new forged goods, my intake, exhaust mani,head, turbo exhaust houseing comeing out of the heat wash.

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 869
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 476
Now that is just beautiful!!! Hope Ion does finally come through for you. It does sound nice.

Finally My Ion Turbo Back arrived, and I guess i could say it was worth the 4month wait...

Attachments

• Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 386
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 382
Any plans to change your valves? They don't do too well for too long under the heat :). Mine were damn near fried completely with only 20,000 miles on it and less than 16 psi of boost usually.

TurfBurn said:
Any plans to change your valves? They don't do too well for too long under the heat :). Mine were damn near fried completely with only 20,000 miles on it and less than 16 psi of boost usually.
What do you mean?

The exhaust valves were pretty much fried on my motor. There are pics elsewhere on the forums. But the edges were melted heavily on one cyldiner and lightly on two others. The car certainly never ran lean with sub 12 AFR's and EGT's of around 750 typically. But regardless they were quite fried. So my question was if you guys were going to upgrade the valves so they could handle the heat of the higher boost and so forth that you'll be running. My vehicle may have been leaning a cylinder or two somehow to get the uneven heating that I saw of the valves, but my point being that it was at below 16 psi and it happened, so just that much more likely at the higher levels.

TurfBurn said:
Well we are keeping the stock ones B/C as far as i know there was no Damage to deans valves while he runs 15-21psi...

so will this turbo stay relatively in the stock location, since your going with the Ion exhaust? I have that same problem and I always thought there might not be room without getting a thinner rad. Do you have to bend the coolant/oil lines much? Maybe you dont know though cause your not there yet...thanks

Fast lane said:
Well we are keeping the stock ones B/C as far as i know there was no Damage to deans valves while he runs 15-21psi...
It's largely a longevity thing. I'd say that after 20-40,000 miles they may start leaking. Also, I race quite a bit during the summer, so there is a lot of heat and RPM's associated with that, and I just want to have it done right! Not to mention the Ferrea's come back cut, angled, and swirl polished. So that certainly helps the flow as well.

You can have the valve job done to promote better heat transfer.

I assume you mean cutting the angles so there is more contact.. and thus help cool the valves better in theory.

well... it has been proven. Yes thats what I mean.

Back