400whp Msp Build UP

MPNick said:
There is no way the old intercooler system will work for 400whp I do not even think it will work right for 300whp.
thought juan was running 320whp with that ic? maybe it's a different one then on the p5 kits?

thats what he claims but where are the dyno sheets, if you saw how thin the core is you can tell it wont flow more than 300whp..

mp5jeff said:
thought juan was running 320whp with that ic? maybe it's a different one then on the p5 kits?
Maybe with spray, I do not know. Never posted a dyno sheet. Just the 1/4 mile run, that was NOS

Fast lane said:
thats what he claims but where are the dyno sheets, if you saw how thin the core is you can tell it wont flow more than 300whp..
Plus the twin offset 90, the crushed bent pipe, the very long 200 degree small pipe u-bend and the tight end tanks. Maybe the core started life being able to flow 350 hp. But you add up all of the big pressure drops you have with the kit, I do not see how it an work well at 300whp let alone 350.

CustomMSP said:
Can I ask what you plan on doing with all that power in a FWD car?
Well once i get the tranny reworked and i have my new slicks i plan to put the power to the pavement, but there are still a few things being looked at to achieve this but other than im building this car to be very streetable as i will have a loow boost setting around 12-15 psi and a bit higher 22-25 for the track, i just plan to keep the car for the street and for the track maybe once or twice a month, if that, if i wanted a drag car i would of built one, but i wanted a set up where i wont have much lag, and still have good streetability.

CustomMSP said:
Can I ask what you plan on doing with all that power in a FWD car?
Run as hard as he can until something snaps. Then fix it up until the next thing breaks.

Low 12s or maybe a very high 11, please to God.

yo..let me know when this is going in the car ill drive up to see it..

CustomMSP said:
Sounds like a plan. I'll probably see you in the shop, so I'll pick up the pipe then Matt?
yea just let me know when you wanna go to the shop...

NICE... good to see pics. Cant wait to see it happen. You think the MSP axles will hold 400hp?? I see an EBC in your future.

Good Luck.

Keola id say theres no maybe...

Black Majik MSP said:
I think the stock manifold might become a problem if you really intend to make 400whp.
Properly ported and polished it should be more than enough.

Black Majik MSP said:
I think the stock manifold might become a problem if you really intend to make 400whp.
You may be right on this one. No one knows for sure because no one has made this much power to the ground in a street Protege. We have a few things to try with the exhaust manifold before we call it a day.

As with Deans car Modern Perfromance is breaking new ground in the Protege world, we are very excited whenever we can do this with any car line. We are very lucky to have customers that are thinking outside of the box.

MPNick said:
Run as hard as he can until something snaps. Then fix it up until the next thing breaks.

Low 12s or maybe a very high 11, please to God.
I need a box of tissues...(eek2)

Latest posts

Back