400whp Msp Build UP

Fast lane

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed - Laser blue
Today was the start of my engine build up at Modern Performance in Nj.
Nick will be installing:
oliver rods, CP pistons, MPI tuner, GT2871rle turbo, new ignition system,4 additional injectors in the intake mani,port and polish of intake mani and exhaust mani . We are still decideing on which intercooler core we will use since my hiboost ic is to small.
here are some pics:More on Pg. 3,4,5,8
Thanks,
Matt

P.S. Nick tell them anything else i left out,

(please keep this thread clean and useful)

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 853
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 1,495
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 1,232
Last edited:
well the turbo im using has and upgraded wheel from the regular 28 and 28rs,,,its much bigger and can flow more air plus Nick has a few tweaks and tricks for the set up.

vindication said:
the gt28 can support 400 hp in our cars? isn't it past its effeciency?

HaHA i dont Nick has any secrets besides Knowing how to build the fs motor and how to tune..well maybe a few but we'll keep that b/w the MPI guys...

Focus said:
Don't give them all the secrets !!

sounds and looks good soldier...gonna need to post up some moving pictures, with sound..in the form of video once you're running strong.

mazdaspeedpower said:
sounds and looks good soldier...gonna need to post up some moving pictures, with sound..in the form of video once you're running strong.
Of course i will get some videos once i have the motor broken in, and when nick and i put it on the dyno i get some video.

vindication said:
do you guys have any idea how long till it is finished tunning.
well nick should be done with the motor by hopefully the middle of next week the only thing that's gunna hold us back is the new fmic, we wont tune it to its potential (dyno)until i put about a 800-1000miles on it.

Looks killer...My car will probably be in Nick's garage pretty soon getting the tranny fixed/overhauled. You should really consider strengthening the tranny, mainly the LSD.

CustomMSP said:
Looks killer...My car will probably be in Nick's garage pretty soon getting the tranny fixed/overhauled. You should really consider strengthening the tranny, mainly the LSD.
yep Nick and i got plans for the tranny, Im getting the quiafe lsd and we will prob cryo treat the rest of the tranny but were not def yet..

Right on man, you're definatly in the right hands there. Nice to have everything done in house. So what cha gonna do with the stock LSD????? Hint, hint!

well right now with the money im spending on this car I cant give anything away lol..sorry.

vindication said:
the gt28 can support 400 hp in our cars? isn't it past its effeciency?
this is no standard GT28.... its a GT2871... much more flow... high output potential, without any real sacrifice in spool time compared to a GT28rs. its a newer more tech. advanced design.

Fast lane said:
We are still decideing on which intercooler core we will use since my hiboost ic is to small.
There is no way the old intercooler system will work for 400whp I do not even think it will work right for 300whp.

Back