How hard is to install msp seat covers on mp5?

Bijou-MP5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda3 S Hatch
I'm in the process of just buying msp seat covers...becaus shipping whole seats are too expensive.
I was wondering if installing msp seat covers on p5 is easy or not.
I heard installing fronts are easy but rears are little tough.
let me know guys~(pullup)

Bijou-MP5 said:
I'm in the process of just buying msp seat covers...becaus shipping whole seats are too expensive.
I was wondering if installing msp seat covers on p5 is easy or not.
I heard installing fronts are easy but rears are little tough.
let me know guys~(pullup)
It's not that difficult but you have to consider you cannot remove the headrest covers so they may not match depending upon your p5's headrests and the back is not an exact fit from msp to p5 so you will have to do some creative upholstery work. Otherwise it's pretty easy.

edit: Oh and be very careful of the unfinished metal inside the front seats. That stuff will cut through you like warm butter. Also a set of hog ring pliars are a must along with new hog rings to tighten down the rear seat cushion.

Last edited:
Heathen23 said:
It's not that difficult but you have to consider you cannot remove the headrest covers so they may not match depending upon your p5's headrests and the back is not an exact fit from msp to p5 so you will have to do some creative upholstery work. Otherwise it's pretty easy.

edit: Oh and be very careful of the unfinished metal inside the front seats. That stuff will cut through you like warm butter. Also a set of hog ring pliars are a must along with new hog rings to tighten down the rear seat cushion.
thanks for the info!!! I'm just confused with hog rings though...

Bijou-MP5 said:
thanks for the info!!! I'm just confused with hog rings though...
If you pull up your rear lower bench you will see the fabric is pulled tight with hog rings (metal hoops that go into the metal and foam to hold it on). When you undo those hoops the fabric comes off that ream foam seating surface. Then you have to put the new fabric on and pull it tight with new hog rings.

Back