Will the interior door handles from another protege fit on a P5?

Subghetto

:
2008 Nissan Rouge; Former 2002 Mazda Protege 5 owner
Well I hate the protege 5 interior door handles since mazda painted them like s***, they have this silver ghetto paint to them so I want to either Buy or trade with some one with the chrome ones I think I saw them on a 2000 protege lx anyway here is a pic of the door handles that I want. My question is will they fit and work.

1st pic- P5 door handle

2nd pic- chrome door handle

3rd pic- another angle

My other question is if someone can please explain the different interior door handles on each model: MSP, MP3, Protege sedan dx,lx,es, etc.... and maybe post some pics I want something different I really don't like that silver ghetto scheme that came with the P5 my goal is to get rid of it anywhere I can. I already complete my other goal of getting rid of every piece of amber on this car.

Attachments

• Door Handle.jpg
    Door Handle.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 349
  • P1010087.jpg
    P1010087.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 378
  • P1010088.jpg
    P1010088.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work. DX's have the chrome ones too. Unless I'm missing something important they should drop right in.

rustychops41 said:
I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work. DX's have the chrome ones too. Unless I'm missing something important they should drop right in.
Thanks man!, Now I need the guys with the other models to chime in and let me know what's up.

Last edited:
they will all work except the ones where they have that piece that goes up from the midlle of the arm rest. Forget which model it is but I think it's like the 2003.5 and up models of the MSP I beleive. But if you get the whole door skin then you can remove yours and replace it with the whole other door skin from any 3rd gen Pro.

ohh, if your aonly talking about the parts to open the door up, then any model 3rd gen will fit.

vindication said:
ohh, if your aonly talking about the parts to open the door up, then any model 3rd gen will fit.
Yeah I just want the change the interior door handle.

who's car is that? are you getting parts off of it? If so, I'd be interested in the black dash (speedo, tach, gauges).

SNike05 said:
Yep they work i've done that mod to my car
Cool do you have any pics I would be really interested to see how it looks

Rogue Pro5 said:
who's car is that? are you getting parts off of it? If so, I'd be interested in the black dash (speedo, tach, gauges).
That's feif's wrecked 2000 lx he is selling all the stuff off of the car here is the thread-http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91506
yeah I got dibs on the door handles (dark) I'am just waiting for him to get back to me.

Last edited:
Subghetto said:
Cool do you have any pics I would be really interested to see how it looks
You can't just add chrome anywhere. I changed mine cause it goes with my theme which is red and CF with a touch of chrome/polished metal. I find it looks just perfect. The pics are old since then the silver window switch panel has been changed to the simulated CF one from 2003 Canadian P5 model and the radio one to match my red leather.

Sorry pics are hi resolution.

Hey, Hey, Hey....wait a min. The Canadian MP5 window area was simulated cf and we got that crappy scratch easy silver here in the states? Anyone got pics of what it looks like.

loccusst said:
Hey, Hey, Hey....wait a min. The Canadian MP5 window area was simulated cf and we got that crappy scratch easy silver here in the states? Anyone got pics of what it looks like.
What the hell?? we did get ripped that's sick I did'nt know they came with the simulated CF. Yeah that's the reason I want to get rid of all the silver s*** it scratches so ******* easy. Good thing DG motorsports makes the cf interior kit to cover that s*** up.

SNike05 said:
You can't just add chrome anywhere.
Yeah I know what you mean but I think it will look good on my car since I have the Dave b polished rings and some sweet chrome and aluminum brushed going with a cf theme. It will also contrast really nice against the black fabric.

I never took any and my car is stored for the winter so I found you one. Its the same stuff as the simulated CF on each side of the radio.

SNike05 said:
I never took any and my car is stored for the winter so I found you one. Its the same stuff as the simulated CF on each side of the radio.
That looks awsome, although I hope that eventually DG will come out with that piece since I also want to get rid of the simulated CF for real CF.

Subghetto said:
That looks awsome, although I hope that eventually DG will come out with that piece since I also want to get rid of the simulated CF for real CF.
I'm an optemistic person but I don't think they will make this piece because to lay the carbon fiber over a piece that has such an irregular surface perfectly will be too difficult and not worth it. Thats why I just went with these and didn't even change the radio one to real cf.

Back