My new ride

122 Vega

Retired MSP Racer!
:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege #1668,2005 Mini Cooper S, 75 Cosworth Vega
So this is what I got for the SRT. Every option from the factory, 4.7 V-8, 5 speed auto, tow package, posi, power everything...Everything we wanted.

Britt

DSC00147.JPG
DSC00143.JPG
DSC00142.JPG

they look so cute together.......... jp.... ya i am abt to buy somthing simuliar.... get you get a good deal?

$4500 factory rebate and they gave me what I owed on the SRT.

Not too bad I think!

When they asked my wife why she was trading in the SRT, she looked at them with a straight face and said, "It needs an oil change." You should have seen the faces, priceless!

Britt

**threadjack**...... are you going to show this yr??? or come to any of our wa meets?? i will be showing at every show from here to portland so maybe we can hook up and chill........

I'll be autocrossing just about every weekend I can. I am going to do some National Tour events in California and Washington as well. I am not much into the show scene, I just like to drive fast.

Britt

122 Vega said:
$4500 factory rebate and they gave me what I owed on the SRT.

Not too bad I think!

When they asked my wife why she was trading in the SRT, she looked at them with a straight face and said, "It needs an oil change." You should have seen the faces, priceless!

Britt
(scratch) the oil change reference... i don't get it man.

anywayz, did you like the MSP better or did you trade it in because they were willing to give you more for it?

She meant like it was too much of a hassle to get an oil change, so she'd just buy a new car instead. It was funny at the time.

We traded the SRT because it is way over-rated and after owning both I can say with certainty that the MSP is a better driving car. It is more capable at autocross and that is what I'm into. I could care less about 1/4 mile times.

Britt

Brilliant! now you can tow the MSP to the track:D
It is an MSP, don't you mean "tow it home"?

I rather see pictures of the FJ
That belongs to my Father-in-Law. Built 350, big disks on all four corners...I've been doing some work on it, unfortunately it means the MSP sits outside.

Britt

nice...damn though, when you said V8, I was thinking an F-body or something, then I scrolled down(lol2)

122 Vega said:
So this is what I got for the SRT. Every option from the factory, 4.7 V-8, 5 speed auto, tow package, posi, power everything...Everything we wanted.

Britt
Very nice man... I had an '01 4x4 Dakota and loved it..

FWIW, that 4.7 sounds absolutely SCHWEET with a set of duals.. I had soem on mine and it only cost about $250.

rr.jpg

It's nice being in a truck again, I traded a 99 Dakota R/T for the MSP. I am planning a few mods...but not much! haha

i just got a truck too :)

not nearly as nice, but ill have to get a pic of my pair. The difference in ground clearance is humorous...

Back